Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 01-05-2018, 01:33 AM   #21
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

What's next? A pickupless guitar??

I may offer some with hat sales in the future.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:04 AM   #22
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
What's next? A pickupless guitar??

I may offer some with hat sales in the future.
They're called acoustics.

Check this out. https://youtu.be/YUdq59CRcxk

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:59 AM   #23
BeachComber
Banned

BeachComber Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
It's hard for me to accept something as fact, when it comes to human perception only.
Can you explain this statement?

What does "human perception only mean?" Is there anything else other than "human perception only?" Perhaps some otherworldly perception?
BeachComber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:15 AM   #24
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachComber View Post

What does "human perception only mean?" Is there anything else other than "human perception only?" Perhaps some otherworldly perception?
Human perception could be that every time someone sees a light colored guitar being played they perceive the tone as bright. If when they can't see the color of the guitar being played they no longer perceive the tone as being bright then that is what is being described here.

Human perception doesn't have to be accurate. If a robbery occurs and everyone in the room describes a young, black, male but a video camera in the room shows that the robber was actually a hooded middle aged white male then human perception would be faulty.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:43 AM   #25
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:

The keyword is only.

Something measurably quantifiable; the ability to reproduce the same results over similar, multiple tests would be the opposite of "human perception only." A majority of people agreeing on something doesn't fit; that's simply majority opinion. Conversely, a majority disagreeing doesn't fit either.

Most human perceptions are based on opinion, not facts. If it's not a perception based on fact, it's blind faith.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #26
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

Thread cleaned up.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #27
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

On the second video he basically says what is said a lot it's all in the fingers .
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #28
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
...I love all my pickups and I'd miss any one of them if pulled it out. Strat player.
This has been mentioned before... if the middle pickup on a Strat is very close to the strings, its magnetic pull is gonna interfere with string vibration enough to not allow the guitar to play in tune above the 9th fret or so, whether that pickup is used or not.

This is easy to prove simply by raising that pickup up near the strings and play the guitar from approx the 10th fret and above. Its gonna sound like the guitar needs an intonation, even though it might not need to be intonated. If the middle pickup is lowered down close to the pickguard level, the guitar plays in tune again in that fret range.

It just requires a bit of caution to not have that pickup fall off the height adjustment screws when lowering it. I keep the middle pickup on my Strat just about flush with the 'guard. Plays in tune everywhere on the neck. Granted, that pickup doesnt have quite the output of the neck or bridge p/u, but thats not an issue for me, at least.

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #29
KamaK
Retired

KamaK Just getting started

If only we had some sort of tool to verify this claim... Something that accurately measures volume and note duration and graphs a spectral analysis over time..... Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait till the distant future (~1980) to be able to test this on our own.

If only humankind had some understanding of the effects of distance on magnetic fields... In the ancient texts, we find references to magic known as "I = 1/d2", but how are we mortals to understand such complicated evocations without the counsel of druids?
KamaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #30
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
This has been mention ed before... if the middle pickup on a Strat is very close to the strings, its magnetic pull is gonna interfere with string vibration enough to not allow the guitar to play in tune above the 9th fret or so, whether that pickup is used or not....
Gosh... each conversation or post you make is a learning experience for me! So that explains my HSS guitar!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote