Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 10:51 PM   #41
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,298
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
What makes an expensive cold medicine good is being made in the U.S..
My bad.

I was wrong about the Fender pot. It's made in Taiwan. These go into MIA & MiMs. Alpha pots often go into Squiers. The difference? About 800 hundred bucks. <-- very rare emoticon; I'll let it age, then ebay it for THOUSANDS



Apple products are the epitome of overpriced hype and brand cultism. A thousand bucks for a phone made in various Asian countries, then they drop software on you to kill your battery that makes you drop another grand for another pos that will die within 2 years. But Apple products are stamped, "Designed in California!" That's kinda like Made In America!
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #42
Seattle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,026
Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
My bad.

I was wrong about the Fender pot. It's made in Taiwan. These go into MIA & MiMs. Alpha pots often go into Squiers. The difference? About 800 hundred bucks. <-- very rare emoticon; I'll let it age, then ebay it for THOUSANDS



Apple products are the epitome of overpriced hype and brand cultism. A thousand bucks for a phone made in various Asian countries, then they drop software on you to kill your battery that makes you drop another grand for another pos that will die within 2 years. But Apple products are stamped, "Designed in California!" That's kinda like Made In America!
I bought my smart phone outright for $40. My cell phone monthly fee is $10. It still seems overpriced (the cell phone monthly fee) because I never use it as a cell phone.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #43
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,298
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
I bought my smart phone outright for $40. My cell phone monthly fee is $10. It still seems overpriced (the cell phone monthly fee) because I never use it as a cell phone.
If Amazon has their fire tablets on sale again, you should get one; you can have a very functional tablet and phone. If you have Magic Jack, there's a smartphone app. I tried it over wifi and it works.

I text way more than talk. I still want cellphone functionality, as rarely as I use it.

Now we'll talk about the various ways we've cut the cable. Where's LLB?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:50 AM   #44
Seattle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,026
Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
If Amazon has their fire tablets on sale again, you should get one; you can have a very functional tablet and phone. If you have Magic Jack, there's a smartphone app. I tried it over wifi and it works.

I text way more than talk. I still want cellphone functionality, as rarely as I use it.

Now we'll talk about the various ways we've cut the cable. Where's LLB?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
i have a very functional smart phone already, i just don't use it as a phone. I have a smaller phone that I end up paying about $3/month for that I use as a phone or if I need to text.

I also have a home phone (Magic Jack).
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #45
Parralax view
Senior Member
 
Parralax view's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 11,069
Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia
Default

I think that in the end, one has to realize that it is part of a sales pitch, marketing, what ever you want to call it. Some will believe and buy, others will be like many of us here, disbelieving and knowing that a fraction of it is correct.
__________________
In a certain light, he looked like Elvis, in a certain way, he was like Jesus...
Parralax view is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Guitar Competition | Piano Lessons