Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
stratstrummer
Senior Member
 
stratstrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
stratstrummer Just getting started
Default Pick Punch

My son sent me this for Christmas and it is very cool. I have seen them several times in guitar magazines and I've always wanted one. You use old credit cards or something like that and it works great.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pick-punch-standard-351-35.jpg (29.7 KB, 12 views)
stratstrummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:02 AM   #2
littlebadboy
Senior Member
 
littlebadboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 3,481
littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default

I saw this some time ago. But I like my picks thick. I use dragonsheart guitar picks.
__________________
Squire CV50 BSB, Laguna LE300avb, Yamaha EG 112C2 The Guitar Bass Project, Ovation CS28
Boss GT-1 (demo), TC Ditto X4, Peavey Bandit 112 (red stripe US),
littlebadboy (personal projects) Carol Affection (90's band)
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:30 AM   #3
stratstrummer
Senior Member
 
stratstrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
stratstrummer Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
I saw this some time ago. But I like my picks thick. I use dragonsheart guitar picks.
I've always wanted to try those.
stratstrummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:57 AM   #4
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,297
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
My son sent me this for Christmas and it is very cool. I have seen them several times in guitar magazines and I've always wanted one. You use old credit cards or something like that and it works great.....
I have one! A very thoughtful friend vaguely remembered I played guitar, and gave me one on my last birthday. She admitted she bought from China for like $3, but she woulda had to order it at least a month in advance, so I was really appreciative that she'd even remember. Credit cards are way too thick, but I'll always keep it. Sometimes, it really is the thought that counts.
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #5
stratstrummer
Senior Member
 
stratstrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 302
stratstrummer Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I have one! A very thoughtful friend vaguely remembered I played guitar, and gave me one on my last birthday. She admitted she bought from China for like $3, but she woulda had to order it at least a month in advance, so I was really appreciative that she'd even remember. Credit cards are way too thick, but I'll always keep it. Sometimes, it really is the thought that counts.
Very cool. I just used a old credit card and lined up the raised numbers on the card to sit under my thumb so the pick is easier to hang on to and don't slide around. That I really like.
stratstrummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:30 AM   #6
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back
 
ronpfid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,353
ronpfid Just getting started
Default

So you could make Masterpicks? har har
I'd get a charge out those picks...
Hey at least there'd be some interest in those picks...
__________________
---------------------------------
Be the string
ronpfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:38 AM   #7
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,297
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Very cool. I just used a old credit card and lined up the raised numbers on the card to sit under my thumb so the pick is easier to hang on to and don't slide around. That I really like.
That's a really good idea. I use those tiny, teardrop picks. Back in the day, players called them "jazz picks." I buy medium Fenders in bulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
So you could make Masterpicks? har har
I'd get a charge out those picks...
Hey at least there'd be some interest in those picks...
I actually got that :cough: joke... Speaking of charging, standby for a new thread....
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:48 AM   #8
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back
 
ronpfid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,353
ronpfid Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
That's a really good idea. I use those tiny, teardrop picks. Back in the day, players called them "jazz picks." I buy medium Fenders in bulk.



I actually got that :cough: joke... Speaking of charging, standby for a new thread....
OK yeah, slightly corny...heh heh
OK, will look for charging thread!
__________________
---------------------------------
Be the string
ronpfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:52 AM   #9
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,297
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
OK yeah, slightly corny...heh heh
OK, will look for charging thread!
Actually, I thought it was pretty clever, especially when I had to think about it for a sec lol.
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:00 AM   #10
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back
 
ronpfid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,353
ronpfid Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Actually, I thought it was pretty clever, especially when I had to think about it for a sec lol.
ha me clever? I'll take that!
__________________
---------------------------------
Be the string
ronpfid is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Guitar Competition | Piano Lessons