Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 AM   #11
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
I can easily afford a new Strat, my question is why should I buy one ?

What do I get from a Fender Stat that I don't get from this Austin copy.
Thanks
If a guitar is has a certain tonal "intent" that you like, there is absolutely nothing wrong with preferring it to anything else. I dont know too many players that have at least a few guitars that dont own at least one guitar thats a no-name, inexpensive piece that they love to death.

On the other hand, a person buying a Fender or a Gibson, or a PRS, or a Private Stock PRS or a Custom Shop Gibson is 100% up to them. I own a couple of Custom Shop Gibsons, a couple of vintage Fenders, a vintage Gibson LP, and a vintage National resonator because I want to own them, and I enjoy owning them. Thats all the reason anyone needs.
I own guitars that are less expensive as well, and I love 'em all.

With that said, I dont ask myself why I would own a Fender or a Gibson if some other guitar does the job just as well... I ask why not? I might want an actual Fender or Gibson. Thats the only reason I need. If I dont want one? Thats good enough of a reason too.

Theres nothing wrong with taking the most inexpensive guitar a person can find, and doing anything from using it as-is to modding the fuck out of it to become what they want it to be. I have a few of those.

On the other hand, there is equally nothing wrong with a player wanting a Fender, Gibson, PRS or Custom Shop *whatever*, for absolutely no other reason other than they do want it.
If its down to the cost being an issue? Thats still the player in questions business.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to afford a Fender or Gibson, or simply not WANTING a Fender or Gibson. The reason doesnt matter. Its personal preference.
There is equally nothing wrong with buying a 'name brand' (maybe even expensive) guitar if thats what a person wants.

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:32 AM   #12
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
If a guitar is has a certain tonal "intent" that you like, there is absolutely nothing wrong with preferring it to anything else. I dont know too many players that have at least a few guitars that dont own at least one guitar thats a no-name, inexpensive piece that they love to death.

On the other hand, a person buying a Fender or a Gibson, or a PRS, or a Private Stock PRS or a Custom Shop Gibson is 100% up to them. I own a couple of Custom Shop Gibsons, a couple of vintage Fenders, a vintage Gibson LP, and a vintage National resonator because I want to own them, and I enjoy owning them. Thats all the reason anyone needs.
I own guitars that are less expensive as well, and I love 'em all.

With that said, I dont ask myself why I would own a Fender or a Gibson if some other guitar does the job just as well... I ask why not? I might want an actual Fender or Gibson. Thats the only reason I need. If I dont want one? Thats good enough of a reason too.

Theres nothing wrong with taking the most inexpensive guitar a person can find, and doing anything from using it as-is to modding the fuck out of it to become what they want it to be. I have a few of those.

On the other hand, there is equally nothing wrong with a player wanting a Fender, Gibson, PRS or Custom Shop *whatever*, for absolutely no other reason other than they want it.
If its down to the cost being an issue? Thats still the player in questions business.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to afford a Fender or Gibson, or simply not WANTING a Fender or Gibson. The reason doesnt matter. Its personal preference.
There is equally nothing wrong with buying a 'name brand' (maybe even expensive) guitar if thats what a person wants.
I just really want you to get your wife a diamond necklace.....that keeps distracting me from your posts, lol
Old 11-10-2017, 01:53 AM   #13
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I just really want you to get your wife a diamond necklace.....that keeps distracting me from your posts, lol
...and make sure it's from Tiffany's and not from Costco.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #14
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
...and make sure it's from Tiffany's and not from Costco.
And remember, size does matter !
Old 11-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #15
St.Fill

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Haha!! Well actually, she's not the diamond necklace type.

When it comes to her taste in CARS, however??? It makes me WISH she was into diamond necklaces.
Literally yesterday, we drove to Gainesville and bought THIS, cause she just HAD to have it:

(My apologies to the OP for the thread derailment).

Old 11-10-2017, 03:21 AM   #16
AlyKat
Collab Queen

What kind is that Fill, it's a beauty!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:55 AM   #17
St.Fill

Quote:
What kind is that Fill, it's a beauty!
Thank you, Aly. Its a Cadillac CTS Performance coupe. I drove it back from Gainesville to St. Augustine (about 65 miles) and I swear, I have not driven a car that felt so much like it was on rails as this car feels. Its stability and power is ridiculous.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:31 AM   #18
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Only a Blindman is qualified to buy a guitar. He can only tell if it feels right and if it sounds right. I spent a lot of years working in music stores and it didn't take long to get over the brand name thing. My LP is made by Oscar Schmidt and I've compared it to identical Gibson's and I haven found one that I would trade it for. Mine sounds and plays like a 59 Gibson LP. When I built my personal guitar, I used a 1970's Fender neck(large headstock) and a modern Strat body with two 9K Humbuckers. Its the best solid body guitar I've ever played and I've played a lot of them. Any guitar that I have that has a brand name on it is just by chance because all my guitars were chosen for feel and sound.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #19
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Micheal Kelly patriot decree is a alternative to a EPI. Can get them quite cheap now. As the last runs get sold off. Knowing what I know now I would get a Squire Classic vibe strat. It has to be of similar quality to the Teles which are just awesome
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:34 AM   #20
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Beautiful car Fill.
stratstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote