Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 03:47 AM   #21
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

You need one of these or something similar

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...BoC4sAQAvD_BwE
Old 11-08-2017, 04:15 AM   #22
hippychip
Banned

hippychip Just getting started

Who decided that right-handed people should do all the hard stuff with their left hand---and vise versa---I can't even write my name with my left hand, but I can do complex chord changes, and shred solos up and down the fretboard. I would think a lefty playing a right handed guitar should be able to blow my doors off. And have you ever seen a lefty piano, or saxophone, or trumpet, or trombone---lefty guitarists are stuck with a limited selection---but who made up this rule?
hippychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #23
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
And have you ever seen a lefty piano, or saxophone, or trumpet, or trombone
I've seen them. They look identical to the righty versions
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 PM   #24
Lefty Louie

Lefty Louie Just getting started

"ALYKAT"
Forgive my limited knowledge on products that are not guitars or amps, but what is this and what does it do?

I haven't a clue.

(I can't quote your link yet, not enough posts.)
Lefty Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #25
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
Who decided that right-handed people should do all the hard stuff with their left hand---and vise versa---I can't even write my name with my left hand, but I can do complex chord changes, and shred solos up and down the fretboard. I would think a lefty playing a right handed guitar should be able to blow my doors off.
I’ve had the same thoughts, in fact, I have a left-handed friend who plays right-handed guitar. He’s not ambidextrous either, as he does everything else left-handed. I’ve known him since he first began playing, and he has progressed quickly into a badass……………. Me being right-handed, I wish now that I would have started with a left-handed guitar. lol
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:31 PM   #26
Mr. Boston
Super Moderator

Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
I played some at my "local" shop a while back. They are kickin little amps
I need another 15 watt tube amp like I need a hole in my wallet.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #27
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

I'm not sure if we right-handers fretted with the right hand, would have it any easier. We'd still be doing complex things with both hands, albeit different things. We'd probably all struggle with barre chords in the same way with either hand, is my opinion. Picking can be pretty difficult too. How about fingerpicking with your non-dominant hand?

What sucks for leftys is that most guitars are made for righty players.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:11 AM   #28
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Louie View Post
"ALYKAT"
Forgive my limited knowledge on products that are not guitars or amps, but what is this and what does it do?

I haven't a clue.

That is an interface which goes between your guitar & your computer/DAW. It allows you to record yourself. The digital work station (DAW) comes with the interface or you can use others & there are many choices but those allow you to do all kind of neat things & add effects, edit & whatnot so that you end up with a close to professional recording.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:18 AM   #29
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Louie View Post
"ALYKAT"

I haven't a clue.

Yes, like Aly said...

You can have a simple interface, then use your amp's 'line out' into it, and it will convert it to digital and feed the computers USB port.

I use the Digitec RP360, it lets interfaces my guitar to Pc, gives me tons of effects, simulates an amp, mixes what ever is playing on the PC with my guitar and feeds that to my headphones etc. then I can use the software on the PC to record it all.

To explain it in more detail...

I open the program on my computer and load an MP3 song/backtrack/other track, etc. into it.
I plug the RP360 into the USB port
I plug my guitar into the RP360
I plug my headphones into the RP 360
I set the effects I want on the RP 360 (like pick a Marshall amp, set reverb, gain, volume, tone, add flange, a compressor, etc., )

Then I play the track in the PC program, I hear that on the headphones. When I play it mixes me with that track on the headphones, yet I can record me in a seperate track on the PC software. If I like it, I can export it as an finshed MP3.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:28 AM   #30
Lefty Louie

Lefty Louie Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
That is an interface which goes between your guitar & your computer/DAW. It allows you to record yourself. The digital work station (DAW) comes with the interface or you can use others & there are many choices but those allow you to do all kind of neat things & add effects, edit & whatnot so that you end up with a close to professional recording.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Yes, like Aly said...

You can have a simple interface, then use your amp's 'line out' into it, and it will convert it to digital and feed the computers USB port.

I use the Digitec RP360, it lets interfaces my guitar to Pc, gives me tons of effects, simulates an amp, mixes what ever is playing on the PC with my guitar and feeds that to my headphones etc. then I can use the software on the PC to record it all.

To explain it in more detail...

I open the program on my computer and load an MP3 song/backtrack/other track, etc. into it.
I plug the RP360 into the USB port
I plug my guitar into the RP360
I plug my headphones into the RP 360
I set the effects I want on the RP 360 (like pick a Marshall amp, set reverb, gain, volume, tone, add flange, a compressor, etc., )

Then I play the track in the PC program, I hear that on the headphones. When I play it mixes me with that track on the headphones, yet I can record me in a seperate track on the PC software. If I like it, I can export it as an finshed MP3.
You guys may laugh, but this is far too advanced for me, I don't have the time to put into all the complications that come with adding "effects", I'm still just trying to play a bunch of simple songs and keep from playing too fast or hard. I have an amp that I think I can record from if I wanted (small Fender G-dec).

I think you guys are much further along then I am and with a 7 year old and wife time to play exists but isn't exactly abundant.
Lefty Louie is offline   Reply With Quote