Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 09-30-2017, 12:05 AM   #11
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Hey cool, nice song choices! Best wishes on that, bet it'll turn out great and be a blast!
Old 09-30-2017, 12:51 AM   #12
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

have fun ! as you said, once you get to playing, you'll be fine. so, stop worrying.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:07 AM   #13
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Good luck, you got this !!! Break a leg or a tentacle or two
Ca'nt wait to hear all about it.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #14
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Great set list. I'm sure you'll have a great time!
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:19 AM   #15
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

Congrats! Break a few legs.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:58 AM   #16
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Awesome! Excited for the videos!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON

How did it go ? I don't think you ever feel 100% prepared for a gig . Especially if it's new material for you or a dep gig.

Come on man it's Monday we have had Sunday your gig was Saturday get on with the report damn
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #18
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
How did it go ? I don't think you ever feel 100% prepared for a gig . Especially if it's new material for you or a dep gig.

Come on man it's Monday we have had Sunday your gig was Saturday get on with the report damn
Alright Abs...keep 'yer knickers on .

It was awesome!! This is exactly the playing experience I've longed for since I've started playing guitar. The band was tight, the crowd was lively and dancing, the place was packed. We brought the roof down at the end with Born to Be Wild. I felt like a rock star .

It was set up where we were guaranteed a smaller amount, but would get $100 more if we brought a good crowd in. The guy said there was no question...and we got the full amount. Free drinks too. This week he'll be starting his booking January, so we'll be playing there again. There was also a guy that books bands for a country club in attendance. He thought we were awesome and there will be some discussion of getting us in there.

I flubbed some changes, hit some clangers in my solos, but it was all good. We had fun and I feel like I've really gelled with them. They said I've fit right in and it's like I've been playing with them forever.

Playing in my duo is still cool...I get to express my more mellow bluesy side there. With Clean Slate, I get to rock out!!!

My setup using the dirt from my amp and using my GT-100 for effects (I use fuzz, tube screamer, wah, boost, and chorus) worked perfectly and covered everything I needed well. My LP Standard served me well also. For now I'll stick with that for this gig.

I haven't seen any good pictures I could post yet...well I have shots of our stage setup and that's it. I may edit some videos...I couldn't get a really good angle for the video camera so you can't really see everybody. It's my camera, so of course I was sure to get me in the frame .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #19
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Congratulations! Sounds like it couldn't have gone much better!
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #20
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Nothing like a gig that goes over!! It's a great feeling, enjoy it and congrats
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote