Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #21
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Ah you also regret parting with a Roland JC, I had mine in that same time frame (a JC 77, in 1982), and I also sold mine get a more 'rock sounding' amp. I wish I'd have kept it and just used pedals for overdrive, that clean stereo chorus sound was awesome on those!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #22
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I lost two great guitars in a divorce. She was spiteful enough to not realize that they could have helped with child support....A 1973 Guild S-100 Polara, and a 1969 Fender Tele Thinline in natural.

Both original, both highly sought after now some 40 yrs later...It's the only gear I've ever let go on purpose to satisfy something...
Old 09-21-2017, 11:28 PM   #23
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Oh man, bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2017, 12:27 AM   #24
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Yeah it was in 1976 when it occurred. I did piss her off royally though and it pleased me. She petitioned the judge to make me liquidate all my gear and give her half. He agreed, but stipulated no dollar amount. She never cared that it made money, and I could do good for the kids with it...

That guild, that tele, a huge Peavey stack, pedals,.. all of it went for 500 bucks. When I reported the sale to the court, they authorized 250 dollars to her.. She almost died on the spot...bitch.

I've long since recovered. Funny, the tele went to an 18 yr old kid playing in his first country band, the guild, I don't remember who bought it, and the big amp went to a guy that played some type of gourd instrument in a belly dancing troupe...;-)
Old 09-23-2017, 01:04 AM   #25
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Oh too bad you couldn't have sold it to a friend, who , would then sell it all back to you later for that same 500
Old 09-25-2017, 11:01 PM   #26
Parralax view

;-) it was 1976, I was the only one that had any money at the time....at the time didn't last long after she got done..;-)

The Peavey amp was one of those Peavey Musician Stacks.. it was awful in reality but hindsight as they say. I do remember the Lebanese guy coming into my house with his Bushkuzi (sp) and falling in love at first sight of the amp. He could barely speak English and played at the Goldfinger Greek restaurant out on northwest highway in Dallas...He bought it on the spot and hauled it away...I assume many a belly shook to it. ;-)
Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 AM   #27
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Ah bummer! well, I guess it's long in the past now.. but still...
Old 10-05-2017, 01:22 AM   #28
belleswell

belleswell Just getting started

The memory is too painful to tell.
belleswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #29
MinorKey
Dont just hum it strum it

MinorKey Just getting started

I had a cheap and cheerful classical made by Taygus whoever they are, which was intended for my step son. Put new strings on it (black and whites), but he had no interest. I kept it for a while then gave it to my brother. Wish I hadn't now. I've since bought a new classical (Jose Ferrer) but it's lacking that something.
MinorKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #30
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

I just remembered something I really wish I'd kept, back in the 80's (when I was into a more smooth overdrive sound) I had bought a Morley Distortion pedal, it actually sounded a lot like the overdrive Gary Moore has in his song End of the World, now I want that sound, back then I didn't and sold the pedal.

I found a pic of it on google, it was this one...