Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 09-15-2017, 01:09 AM   #11
michaelinokc

michaelinokc Just getting started

I sold a 2007 Gibson RD reissue when I needed some cash. I still miss it.
michaelinokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:06 AM   #12
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

OK, you guys are making me feel better Misery loves company lol
Old 09-15-2017, 03:05 AM   #13
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Hmmmmm.... There's very little that I've let go that I regret. However, I do remember an old SUPRO solid body with one bridge pickup that I sort of miss. It was all beat to hell and I spray painted it hospital white and the neck felt like a log. That thing had more bite than a Hot Rodded Tele in the bridge position. I was later told that the pickup was made by Rickenbacker (strings went right through the middle of it) and was old. No, wait. There was one that I miss. I bought a Fender Mustang the first year that they came out. Somebody broke into my house and stole it. I loved playing that guitar and it was the first decent guitar that I ever owned. As for accessories, a friend gave me an original Big Muff and an Electric Mistress that he found out in a vacant lot. I had to repair one of them. I've still got the Electric mistress even though I don't use it but I gave the Big Muff away. Then I found out the whole world is out there looking for both of those original pedals.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:22 AM   #14
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

I'm a pack rat, truth be told, I wish I had all my old amps and effects! My Roland, My Musicman, all the effects, my 12 string acoustic, my first guitar a flying V...
oh well!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:27 AM   #15
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

One of the first Taylor 510's.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:10 AM   #16
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I had a semihollowbody guitar that I sold. Maybe it was a Maestro of Univox brand. Looked like a Gibson ES335. Sometimes I wish I still had it.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:46 PM   #17
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

No regrets. I've sold things that I liked to acquire things I liked more. I've never owned any precious guitars or amps. I never got attached to a Squier Strat or $99 practice amp.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #18
crank

crank Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg0 View Post
A Guild D40 acoustic that I bought new in 1978. Beautiful guitar, never should have sold it.
I will die with my Guilds! Bought both of them new. First in '81 and my second in 2014.

I had a small solid state Dean Markley amp that I really liked and wish I had kept it around for an practice/acoustic amp.

I traded in my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp for a Blues Jr. and while I like and use the Blues Jr. I liked the HRD better. It was not super big or heavy, but I wanted something smaller and lighter for dragging around to gigs and jams.

As far as guitars and efx go I always kept the ones I really liked and have no regrets about the ones I let go.
crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #19
Highroller

Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Two items, both from the early days of playing ...

A Gibson EB-3L bass - 34" scale, slotted headstock, circa 71 or so. I regretted selling that one almost immediately and still do.

A late 60's Blackface Fender Vibro Champ amp - No regrets at first, but as the years have gone by and I've watched the value of these little buggers skyrocket ... wish I still had it, so I could sell it again now! Ha!
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #20
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

About the only 2 items (I won't say regret for one of them, more missing) are my old Roland JC 120 and my '83 JCM 800 50 watt Lead combo.

The Roland I really regretted selling. I sold it to make way for the JCM way back in '85 which I sold last year because it hadn't been used for 3 years, so for the JCM, I guess I just miss having it around. It's like taking down a picture off the wall that's been up for years and then noticing the different paint shades.

The Roland, looking back, I really should have kept, but being the naive follower I was when younger, I went with the "in-crowd" in regards to Marshall being the "standard icon" for Classic Rock, Hard Rock and Metal music.