Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 03-28-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
HawkHunt

HawkHunt Just getting started
Default Got a new musical companion

So I got me a violin for my birthday this year. Its a cheap one but it sure looks the part and it sounds like a violin too, as far as I can tell at least.
It isn't a Stradivarius but even if it was, it would sound the same in my hands since I can't play the thing worth a damn anyway so its alright.

This is what I do, I collect all kinds of wonderful instruments from all around the world regardless of if I can play them or not. I collect them for me to be an eternal beginner at at least one instrument, often more. And I collect them to be able to try to learn a piece that i hear on the radio or whatever. Though I imagine a lot of you guys do the same.

Do any of you guys play violin?

Anyway 'ere she is:
HawkHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

That looks great! You have a great hobby too! I tried to play violin once. I sounded like a distressed mouse.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

That's really cool...good for you!

My son is learning viola which looks like a violin, it just has a deeper tone. It's actually fun to fool around with it.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #4
HawkHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
That looks great! You have a great hobby too! I tried to play violin once. I sounded like a distressed mouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
That's really cool...good for you!

My son is learning viola which looks like a violin, it just has a deeper tone. It's actually fun to fool around with it.
I have been wanting to make a video of my place for you guys. I live in a one room apartment but its pretty much a music studio at this point. Its jam packed with all sorts of music gear.

I just need to do a bit of work to one of the walls to make it REALLY presentable to you guys.

Let me know if this idea actually interests you guys or if I shouldn't bother

Last edited by HawkHunt; 03-28-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

I used to be able to play a turkey call pretty good. I'm not sure why I bothered to learn though as hunting isn't something I've ever really been into that much.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:06 PM   #6
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Fun. I've done that with various instruments, for no other reason than to be able to add neat things in the studio.
But for the most part, I give 'em up, cuz I prefer to be good at a few things than bad at a lot of things.
PS - skroo the clean-up. Show us your mancave/music lair!!!

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #7
Mr. Boston
Super Moderator

Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts

I think it's great to ALWAYS be a beginner at one thing or another. It keeps certain parts of the brain stimulated.

Nice axe! Can you call a violin an axe?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #8
HawkHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boston View Post
I think it's great to ALWAYS be a beginner at one thing or another. It keeps certain parts of the brain stimulated.

We can now! a very tiny axe, but an axe none the less!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 PM   #9
michaelinokc

michaelinokc Just getting started

Start working on some Kansas. We expect a video tomorrow.
michaelinokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boston View Post

Hatchet.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote