Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 AM   #21
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

If you don't want to do the low G mod, you might consider using a set with an aluminum / silk third string. It's not as plinky as all nylon. It looks a bit goofy to some, but that's what I mount on my Tenor, which came with the Aquilas, which didn't project as well to me.

GHS makes a set with an aluminum third. I can tell you I've learned all of the stringing tricks I know from the Hawaiian guys and if they do it, it's good for me.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:31 AM   #22
MetalStrat

MetalStrat Just getting started

I learned to play Raining Blood (Slayer), Cowboys From Hell (Pantera), and Master Of Puppets (Metallica) on ukulele just as a funny joke
MetalStrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #23
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalStrat View Post
I learned to play Raining Blood (Slayer), Cowboys From Hell (Pantera), and Master Of Puppets (Metallica) on ukulele just as a funny joke
It's no joke to me!! ;-) I've learned blues inversion chords, jump style chords, songs by the Animals, the Dave Clark 5, Jake, blues and others just sitting with a cold beer and noodling. There is a lot of music in those little things other than some Hawaiian vamp songs.