Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 02-14-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default Best Bang For Your Bux Guitars?

For about $500 US (probably could get a discount, if you ask), I'd say yes.

I have a PRS SE Custom 24, and it's overall the best crafted guitar I have. I still prefer my new Strat though. I think the Strat is overpriced for what it is though.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:44 AM   #2
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

The PRS SEs have a good reputation, but the look is a major turnoff for for me - pointy headstock, carved top, fancy timber. I'm more the basic strat or LP Jr type.

I recently did a setup on one of the those very cheap Epi LP JRs. I looked at the electronics while I was at it, and the only fault I could find in the whole guitar (neck, frets, finish, tuners etc) was the tonal quality of the pickup. They were on special here at the time for about Oz$170, and I thought that was good value, though you could add the cost of a new pickup
Tony Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

The best bang for your buck guitar for me is a used Danelectro U2 followed by PRS SE.

Last edited by Seattle; 02-14-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Say What???? Biggest Bang For The Buck for what type of guitar? Jazz Box, Solid Body for most genres, Flat Top, Semi-Solid or Semi-Hollow. My advice is to just find what you like for the dollars you're willing to spend and have a nice day. Never buy a guitar just because somebody recommended it. I've played somebody else's favorite guitar and hated it. I'm sure the opposite is also true. I like super fast, skinny necks but don't like the super fast flat necks that feel like all you have in your hand is the fretboard. Ibanez made some great guitars like that but I wouldn't buy one.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

I agree. Love my PRS SE ZM

I do wish the frets were taller though ...

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #6
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Another super bang for the buck are Godins, particularly on the used market. There is absolutely nothing cheap about them... except the price.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
Another super bang for the buck are Godins, particularly on the used market. There is absolutely nothing cheap about them... except the price.
You aren't the first person I've heard say that. I wish they were carried in stores around here...or maybe not since I don't need another guitar .

My G&L Tribute ASAT that cost me $299 continues to impress me. It needed some TLC to get it up to par, but I just really enjoy playing that guitar. I think I'm gonna take it to my gig this Friday just for something different.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Agreed. I own two of them.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #9
Mr. Boston
Super Moderator

Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts

Squier Classic Vibe line - all day long!!!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #10
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:
If I ever get a nother guitar it will be an A6.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote