Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #41
PKVeazey
Old Timer
 
PKVeazey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 455
PKVeazey Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
I'm not using an amp. Running monitors out of GT100.
OK, I just looked up the GT100. I looked at the INPUT and OUTPUT and saw that it works just like my ROLAND GR33 guitar synth. It has a left and right output. It showed that it is L/R stereo and if you use a guitar cable in the L output it comes out MONO. I'm guessing that your monitors are self amplified speakers. Based on what I read and assuming a short cable run, the guitar type cable shouldn't cause a problem. At least it hasn't caused a problem for me and my GR33 synth.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #42
AlyKat
Collab Queen
 
AlyKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: The Middle Of Nowhere
Posts: 7,691
AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
OK, I just looked up the GT100. I looked at the INPUT and OUTPUT and saw that it works just like my ROLAND GR33 guitar synth. It has a left and right output. It showed that it is L/R stereo and if you use a guitar cable in the L output it comes out MONO. I'm guessing that your monitors are self amplified speakers. Based on what I read and assuming a short cable run, the guitar type cable shouldn't cause a problem. At least it hasn't caused a problem for me and my GR33 synth.
I have that Roland synthesizer too, do you like yours?
__________________
I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
AlyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:39 AM   #43
PKVeazey
Old Timer
 
PKVeazey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South Central Virginia
Posts: 455
PKVeazey Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I have that Roland synthesizer too, do you like yours?
Yes indeed. They have so much hidden stuff in that thing, I'll never figure out how to use all the sounds and effects. There is a sub menu in there and I saw a whole bunch of other instruments that can be brought up to the main menu. They came out with a new version with a different number and it won't do nearly as much as the original GR33. I used the GR33 to create most of the instruments on my recordings. By doing it that way, I was able to think and play like the other instruments. I used to play instrumentals at weddings and I used my Guitar, a Bass Player, and the GR33. It sounded like a whole orchestra. Hmmmmmmm...... I've got it put away in a case right now. I think I'll have to get it out and hook it up and make my practicing more interesting.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 AM   #44
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,697
Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public
Default

Those look good Jase. Good to see you getting more involved here again.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #45
Jase
Principe del Galles
 
Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wales.
Posts: 18,354
Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Those look good Jase. Good to see you getting more involved here again.
They sound even better.

I've not had time of late, and not having things set up recording wise had brought me down a bit. Thanks.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #46
AlyKat
Collab Queen
 
AlyKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: The Middle Of Nowhere
Posts: 7,691
AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Yes indeed. They have so much hidden stuff in that thing, I'll never figure out how to use all the sounds and effects. There is a sub menu in there and I saw a whole bunch of other instruments that can be brought up to the main menu. They came out with a new version with a different number and it won't do nearly as much as the original GR33. I used the GR33 to create most of the instruments on my recordings. By doing it that way, I was able to think and play like the other instruments. I used to play instrumentals at weddings and I used my Guitar, a Bass Player, and the GR33. It sounded like a whole orchestra. Hmmmmmmm...... I've got it put away in a case right now. I think I'll have to get it out and hook it up and make my practicing more interesting.
Love mine too. I used it when I was gigging solo to provide some interest & more instruments. The only thing that is lame are drums (maybe I just don't know how to use them properly). I have not scratched the surface of what the thing can do. I use it for a lot of collabs on this forum as well.
__________________
I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
AlyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Guitar Competition | Piano Lessons