Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 09-25-2017, 03:06 AM   #1
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started
Default Band Picture

https://imgur.com/a/7iOzE

Just thought I'd post a really old picture of the band I played in for about 10 years.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

I hope you're the one with the fantastic handlebar and luscious locks in the bottom left.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:41 AM   #3
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

lol...... Let's guess what year that pic was taken.

I'm guessing 1970
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
PKVeazey
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
I hope you're the one with the fantastic handlebar and luscious locks in the bottom left.
The names are on the picture but I'll name everybody's instrument. Top Left: Vocals and Bass, Center: Guitar and backup vocals, Right: Sax and backup vocals, Bottom left: Drummer and backup vocals, Bottom right: Keyboards, Trumpet and backup vocals. My hair was shoulder lenght but my day job caused me to cut it. We were quite popular because we could play just about any genre and the people said they enjoyed us because we looked like we were having fun when we played.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #5
PKVeazey
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
lol...... Let's guess what year that pic was taken.

I'm guessing 1970
Close guess. It should have been around 1975 because I started playing in bands in 1964. Most of those bands lasted about a year or two each. Since I played in that band until 1985 and I played with them for about 10 years, the picture should have been about 1975. After that picture was taken we started wearing dinner jackets and tuxedos and had a booking agent. The funny thing was that from 1967 until 1985, I only had one guitar and it was a Hollow body Gretsch Clipper(very customized) with one pickup. Even when we played really loud, the pickup never squealed. If I forgot to turn the volume down when we took a break, it would sometimes sit on the stand and howl and I'd have to go up and turn the volume down. I still have it but never play it because the neck is a bit too chuncky.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Your hair was pretty short to be in a band in the 70's. Are you sure that's the right picture?
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:24 PM   #7
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
The names are on the picture but I'll name everybody's instrument. Top Left: Vocals and Bass, Center: Guitar and backup vocals, Right: Sax and backup vocals, Bottom left: Drummer and backup vocals, Bottom right: Keyboards, Trumpet and backup vocals. My hair was shoulder lenght but my day job caused me to cut it. We were quite popular because we could play just about any genre and the people said they enjoyed us because we looked like we were having fun when we played.
Guess I missed the connection lol

Sounds like a good time!
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #8
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Wow you were in a band a year before I was even born!
I loved the 70s though, some of the best music came from that decade!
Old 09-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Wow you were in a band a year before I was even born!
Now that's how you make someone feel good!

I was in a band in the 70's as well.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #10
PKVeazey
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg0 View Post
Your hair was pretty short to be in a band in the 70's. Are you sure that's the right picture?
It's a shame I didn't have my long hair in that picture because just about all US musicians back then had Beatle Cuts or Hair Band Cuts.