Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 09-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started
Default Audition and playing with a new band

So I got in contact with a guy wanting a rhythm/second guitar player for his project. He has an EP finished and wanted a band to gig/ tour with. I met up with him and the drummer. He plays guitar and sings aswell. We played one of the songs he had written, and pretty much nailed it after some practice. He writes really good music. I would say the style is like Aerosmith, ACDC, Guns n Roses and a bit of rolling stones. Basically hard rock.

The thing is that they are a few years older and are looking to tour. Im 18 and in my last (very important) year of school. They are 23 and 22 and very experienced. And they want to fully go for it with the goal of touring. They said afterwards that they would like me to join and that they thought it was cool. I said that I would have to think about it a little. Im not sure cause firstly its not really my kind of music, even if Its very good. And secondly cause of time and commitment. I also have my "own" band where we are just lookin for a singer. I just dont know. Maybe ill play a few times with these guys and just see how it goes. Maybe even play a gig or two with them. It feels kinda daunting, but I guess it will be good. Ill probably learn LOADS by playing with them.
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Be up front and honest with them say you would love to go for it but talk to them about how you feel openly they will respect you for that .
Being open with them may help your decision - your a talented young man you have time on your side if it falls through.
Best of luck whatever
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
Be up front and honest with them say you would love to go for it but talk to them about how you feel openly they will respect you for that .
Being open with them may help your decision - your a talented young man you have time on your side if it falls through.
Best of luck whatever
Yeah I gotcha . Ill tell them what I feel and then we will see what happens. Thanks for the help and kind words !
Old 09-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Tell them if they want you, the tour has to wait for one year. Realistically it would probably take a year to get everything in place & a tour lined up if they are still seeking band members at this point.
Let us know what you decide. If you decline, this is just the first of many opportunities coming you way !
Aly
Old 09-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Well do it and see if you can handle three months in a van with those guys.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #6
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Tell them if they want you, the tour has to wait for one year. Realistically it would probably take a year to get everything in place & a tour lined up if they are still seeking band members at this point.
Let us know what you decide. If you decline, this is just the first of many opportunities coming you way !
Aly
Yeah! Ill tell them this and then we will see what they say. Ill update with how it goes
Old 09-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
Hahah yea, hopefully they are cool guys
Old 09-08-2017, 09:45 PM   #8
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
This is really what it's all about. +1
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote