Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 02:07 AM   #21
TheScholar
Bluegrass Musician
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 348
TheScholar Just getting started
Default

Currently I'm working with my little cousin, because she's starting to get gigs around the area. It's doing well, we are working on stage craft, and how to perform music rather then play music. It's interesting, and I've learned a lot.
TheScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:44 AM   #22
caduprado
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 280
caduprado Just getting started
Default

Well, I never played in public. Me and a couple of friends from work started a band last year but it has become more and more evident that it will lead to nowhere. Not good enough even just to have fun. Half of them don't have any time for it at home and it's all a mess. It was good for me as a 1st band though, because I for the first time actually learned to play with other people more often, instead of a very ocassional jam now and then. Although the band is still going, by the end of April we will have rehearsed 3 or 4 times in 2017, so I'm not very motivated with it.

But I've been having lots of fun playing with my uncle every other weekend. He's a great musician and guitar player and I've been learning a lot. Maybe if we could find a singer that could lead to somewhere nicer and more fun. He said a friend of his who plays bass listened to some stuff and wants to join in. Although the priority would be a singer
But it's not easy to find a singer here that can sing what we like to play.. Specially couse my uncle is very demanding and wants the singer to be a hot sexy woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
Those dudes are such drama... I think they're probably afraid you'll bring stability and make them look like the 8th grade schoolgirls they are....
caduprado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:47 AM   #23
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,872
Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caduprado View Post
Well, I never played in public. Me and a couple of friends from work started a band last year but it has become more and more evident that it will lead to nowhere. Not good enough even just to have fun. Half of them don't have any time for it at home and it's all a mess. It was good for me as a 1st band though, because I for the first time actually learned to play with other people more often, instead of a very ocassional jam now and then. Although the band is still going, by the end of April we will have rehearsed 3 or 4 times in 2017, so I'm not very motivated with it.

But I've been having lots of fun playing with my uncle every other weekend. He's a great musician and guitar player and I've been learning a lot. Maybe if we could find a singer that could lead to somewhere nicer and more fun. He said a friend of his who plays bass listened to some stuff and wants to join in. Although the priority would be a singer
But it's not easy to find a singer here that can sing what we like to play.. Specially couse my uncle is very demanding and wants the singer to be a hot sexy woman



I can turn you on to one who lives in Michigan who would love a vacation in Rio since she won't be going to Cuba anytime soon.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:53 AM   #24
littlebadboy
Senior Member
 
littlebadboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 3,185
littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default

I don't feel like I want to gig anymore. Over the Spring Break, I want to make more songs. And more over the summer break.
__________________
Squire CV50 BSB, Laguna LE300avb, Yamaha EG 112C2 The Guitar Bass Project, Ovation CS28
Boss GT-1 (demo), TC Ditto X4, Peavey Bandit 112 (red stripe US),
littlebadboy (personal projects) Carol Affection (90's band)
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #25
RainDancer
Dark Universe
 
RainDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 6,613
RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute
Default

I've quit playing full stop.
__________________
My Music
http://soundcloud.com/dark-universe/
RainDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #26
caduprado
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 280
caduprado Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I can turn you on to one who lives in Michigan who would love a vacation in Rio since she won't be going to Cuba anytime soon.
Lol, let me guess, does she live right at the middle of nowhere?

By the way, I'm having lots of fun with the "reputation" in the forum. Have you noticed yours?
caduprado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #27
Austin R
Hip to be square
 
Austin R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hannibal, MO
Posts: 6,360
Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute
Default

I've been writing riffs and even *gasp* full songs left and right recently. I guess re-joining a band will do that to ya
__________________
Amps:
Blackstar Series One 50, Bugera V22, Peavey Vypyr 30
Guitars:
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #28
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,872
Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caduprado View Post
Lol, let me guess, does she live right at the middle of nowhere?

By the way, I'm having lots of fun with the "reputation" in the forum. Have you noticed yours?
I try not too.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #29
BallisticSquid
Senior Member
 
BallisticSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,038
BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDancer View Post
I've quit playing full stop.
That sucks. I hope you can get everything sorted, get back into a happier place, and get back to playing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
I don't feel like I want to gig anymore. Over the Spring Break, I want to make more songs. And more over the summer break.
I sometimes feel as though I'm done with gigging also, but then I can't imagine NOT gigging. It's not the rush it once was, but it's become part of who I am.

The way things are at the moment, if it weren't for gigs I'd be playing very little guitar...too much life happening at the moment. Not bad stuff, it's just that 3 kids keep you busy and family takes priority. I want my kids to think back that it was cool that daddy gigged...I don't want them to look back and think daddy had no time for us because he was too busy playing music. So far I'm managing to keep that balance.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #30
Sixstringplayer
Senior Member
 
Sixstringplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In your mind
Posts: 9,650
Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDancer View Post
I've quit playing full stop.
Way too tasteful a player to throw in the towel. Check out JTC lots of tasty stuff in there for you.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Guitar Competition | Piano Lessons