Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 09-29-2017, 01:03 AM   #111
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Girlfriend will do that to you.
Mostly if you're doing the gf.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:55 AM   #112
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started

Been quite a while since I had anything to say here but in the time since my last thread on this post,myself and a singer/accoustic guitarist hooked up,armed with an old studio master pa and an amazon kindle tablet...we put together a 40 song set with all backing tracks on the kindle and did our first full on proper gig last weekend and it went actually really well.
EQ a bit up the shit for the first 30 mins but we dialled it in over the night and we are just sticking to upbeat songs anyone here in NI would know so its a big mix of country,blues,rock,pop and traditional music and the bands name...the whole shabang! Roll on 18 to get the diary full.We even got an agent out of it all,he came,he saw,he was content to have us on under his wing

Last edited by flake_E_lee; 01-20-2018 at 08:21 AM.
flake_E_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:21 AM   #113
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Hmmmm... A bit stagnant right now. I just can't seem to get motivated to hook all that crap up and record my latest tunes. At the moment, I'm just content to practice everyday so I won't lose my chops. No! Wait! I did do something.... I made some 1/8" thick plexiglass picks but I rounded the tips a bit too much and although it softened the pick attack, I started missing notes, so I just reworked them so they are a little bit sharper and it sharpened the attack but I'm not missing as many notes now.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #114
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I'm trying to get a new band together in a new town. Bass and drums don't show up. Looking for reliable players.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #115
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

An update on my goings on with my singer......
3 gigs done over Christmas...I realise this guy is a twit!
Everything about me and him clashed,especially personality which I realised when travelling to and from gigs.I dont like being critical about anyone but I just could not listen to the guy waffling on.
a good singer and accoustic player,excellent that way. It came to a head after setting up a 40 song set,3 gigs later he wants me to change the set,and I saw the set he had in mind which I would describe as utter shite.I think he knew the songs on the new set he was proposing but I was going to have to learn a full set so i split....but I do possibly have someone for his position although there will be a trial.We had the gigs,promoter but the chemistry was not there on a personal note and I,m not a bit sorry about getting rid of him...I will hold on until the equation is correct.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #116
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

It's hard getting from E=mc5 to E=Mc2 but I hope you get there soon old boy .
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:00 PM   #117
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Things are going pretty great here. We just finished tracking our second and third EP's in the studio this last weekend, and I'm going to be furiously working on post production over next few weeks. We're trying to get the first of the two released by Mar 17. For the first time, it really felt like a band instead of a bunch of guys converging for a project.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #118
Big John

Big John Just getting started Big John Just getting started

I've got my first gig of 2018 tonight. Solo show at a local restaurant. It should be fun, but I kind of wish it was another night. I've got a basketball game right before the gig, and tomorrow I have to be in the woods before sunrise to go hunting.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM   #119
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
I've got my first gig of 2018 tonight. Solo show at a local restaurant. It should be fun, but I kind of wish it was another night. I've got a basketball game right before the gig, and tomorrow I have to be in the woods before sunrise to go hunting.
Haven't seen you around in a bit! Glad to you're still out there in the trenches!
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #120
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
I'm trying to get a new band together in a new town. Bass and drums don't show up. Looking for reliable players.
I hate that man...unreliable band members. Its just really demoralising