Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Recording & Software

Old 10-22-2017, 11:26 PM   #11
George25

George25 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
fwiw, I got the 2nd gen Solo. I was a little nervous because some online reviews said the signal ran hot, but everything turned out ok. Then, I ran through a period where EVERYTHING was picking up noise- my amps, my various interfaces- I thought I was gonna lose my mind. After a month, it just went away. My best guess is someone was running something (I live in an apartment building) that created line noise through the electrical system.

Soon's you get the new interface, the problem will clear up lol.
Yeah thats the problem with apartments, the phone, the internet too..

What type of music do you record? Im thinking of getting the 2i4 or 6i6 because of the pad and inputs.

The two guitars are an ibanez gio and an epiphone lp 100 ( the ones with the issue). They both have there stock pickups. Idk if i should i upgrade them or get a better instrument. The ltd ec 401qm looks awsome.

Last edited by George25; 10-22-2017 at 11:31 PM.
George25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:00 AM   #12
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by George25 View Post
Yeah thats the problem with apartments, the phone, the internet too..

What type of music do you record? Im thinking of getting the 2i4 or 6i6 because of the pad and inputs.

The two guitars are an ibanez gio and an epiphone lp 100 ( the ones with the issue). They both have there stock pickups. Idk if i should i upgrade them or get a better instrument. The ltd ec 401qm looks awsome.
Mostly blues/rock stuff. I got the Solo for the XLR mic link mostly. Then I bought the Line 6 Amplifi TT which acts as an interface and gives me a million amp and pedal sims. It emulates really well, and I can get any tone under the sun. I can link it to an amp too. On sale at Amazon for $85.

The only noise I get now is from poorly soldered pups on upgrades I did.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:15 AM   #13
George25

George25 Just getting started

Quote:
Mostly blues/rock stuff. I got the Solo for the XLR mic link mostly. Then I bought the Line 6 Amplifi TT which acts as an interface and gives me a million amp and pedal sims. It emulates really well, and I can get any tone under the sun. I can link it to an amp too. On sale at Amazon for $85.

Cool, do you recommend that product? Is it worth it instead of using the scarlet for the guitar?

Yeah, thats the problem that my guitars might have!
George25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:36 AM   #14
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:

I almost bought the line 6, I was going back and forth between it and RP360, they do look very cool too. Does it have a virtual control on the PC like the Digitech?
Old 10-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #15
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Just get yourself a GT-100, and be done with it.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #16
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by George25 View Post
Cool, do you recommend that product? Is it worth it instead of using the scarlet for the guitar?

Yeah, thats the problem that my guitars might have!
I do. I think it really beats softtware sims. I had just spent a hundred bucks on Bias Pro, which sounded great (I got some noise with that). It can pretty much emulate anything you can think of, and has been compared to the Axe FX processor that goes for $2k+

I use it mostly for high gain-ish type stuff, but it covers a wide range. I've linked it to my amp. Look at YT vids. I looked at dozens before decided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
I almost bought the line 6, I was going back and forth between it and RP360, they do look very cool too. Does it have a virtual control on the PC like the Digitech?
No pc control. There's an app for android or iphone, and it's controlled through bluetooth. I've used my android phone or iPad to control it with no problems.

There's user presets you can download from their cloud. You can type in a guitarist's name, and tone match their sound on a given tune, but it's only as good as the person uploading it.

There's all kinds of outs on the rear. I may hook it up to my sound system.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.

Last edited by Silimtao; 10-23-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #17
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Oh that's right, it was bluetooth, no USB cable, that's why I went with the RP, duh I can't even remember things from a month ago lol Sounds cool though, nice there is so many choices for us now a days and so much cheaper. I have a Boss Delay from the 80's, still has a faded price tag on it for over 200 bucks, one little stomp box! Now you can 100 boxes worth of fun for under a 100 bucks.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #18
Tacman7
Lazy Dog

Tacman7 Just getting started

I'm pretty happy with this Eleven Rack I bought. You can get them for around $300.

It auto senses the impedance of the guitar and adjusts it. Has a good preamp, and has good effects.

In the DAW I get a stereo signal which is the main outs of the Eleven plugged into my interface, so the sound the Eleven makes. I also get a mono digital signal of the dry guitar.
Some sims sound better with the dry guitar. So you can record both at the same time and REamp the signal later. You can use sims or send the dry guitar back to the Eleven to get a different sound.
Also you can mix the two together.
Tacman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #19
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Just get yourself a GT-100, and be done with it.
Or a Boss GT-1? It is a guitar multi-effects with amp sims and an interface too!

Oh, best thing is... costs less than $200 especially if you can find open-box or demo deals.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #20
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

That looks very cool, almost exactly what my RP360 does.
Sims- tons of amps, speaker cabinets
Effects- buttloads of all effects
Drum machine, looper, tuner, interface, mixes DAW out with guitar sends to headphones, line outs, etc.