Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 04-12-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
iKokomo

iKokomo Just getting started
Default Fun little project, a Regal Tiple

When reading online, there is not much information on the Tiple instrument. I just got one of these things to restore (bridge pulling up and a couple other problems). It is a Regal Tiple from Chicago, but the thing is I can't find any information on this model. All of the other ones on Google and eBay have a slotted headstock. This does not. So I was wondering the history / what year this is?

Thanks a lot!

iKokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Interesting, Regal was also a maker of Ukuleles and Resonators. I hope you can get it playable.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I don't know anything about the instrument, but that's a cool photo. Is that a digital backdrop, or is it an actual wooden surface?

If it is real, is that a flat surface the instrument is lying on, or is the instrument standing up on a horizontal surface (floor) and leaning against a vertical surface (wall)?
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

After viewing the photo on a pc monitor instead of my phone, I can now see that the backdrop is a horizontal and a vertical surface. I'm guessing that it's photo shopped.

BTW, I found a web page loaded with info about the instrument, but I don't feel like posting a link.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:49 AM   #5
iKokomo

iKokomo Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
I don't know anything about the instrument, but that's a cool photo. Is that a digital backdrop, or is it an actual wooden surface?

If it is real, is that a flat surface the instrument is lying on, or is the instrument standing up on a horizontal surface (floor) and leaning against a vertical surface (wall)?
Wow, sorry I just saw this. That is a vinyl backdrop, it is not photoshopped in any way.

PS. to all! I got it looking and working great!!!!
iKokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #6
rdouglas

rdouglas Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKokomo View Post
Wow, sorry I just saw this. That is a vinyl backdrop, it is not photoshopped in any way.

PS. to all! I got it looking and working great!!!!
We need pictures!
rdouglas is online now   Reply With Quote