Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #11
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

On second thought, I don't think that's me as # 6. I think # 6 is this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsptrgBPvZw
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:00 AM   #12
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Ok, everyone that's wants to guess, has. Who is who Goose...I'm not sure of a couple ???

They are all very cool! For a scale that was a challenge for most, they sure turned out good.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:10 AM   #13
Mad Goose

Mad Goose Just getting started

Hej!

First off, apologies if I had inadvertently sliced off some of your best parts. I had some trouble with the bpm. Some tracks were abit 'slower' than 110 bpm, some tracks too loud/soft etc... and I could not get them right.

Some thoughts...

#1 - Hi Hat; Wow! Amazing Clean Jazzy tone. 'Less' is saying more I tell ya! I would've used this tone if I could replicate it.
#2 - AlyKat; Adding mysteriousness to the track. A sitar! Do I hear 'added percussion'? Nice touch!
#3 - Jase; Some of your riffs are still swimming in me head. Sliding notes, lovely bends...Love your tone!
#4 - Morfz; Distant rumbles! Thunder approaches in the desert. Love the part at 5:20
#5 - Ronpfid; Whammy vibrato, squeals, a tone that says 'eat this!', nice bends,... I can feel the emotion in this playing.
#6 - Mad Goose; What crap is this?! Harmonics? Repetitive riffing? No dive bombs? Stealing from Mustaine? Cmon! You can do better. LOLs!

Last edited by Mad Goose; 11-14-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Mad Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:21 AM   #14
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

I only scored a 50%.

Jase, I have never really heard you in one of these jams, you sound great!!! Thanks for joining in.

Hi Hat, you always amaze me & are full of surprises !

Goose & Ron, you 2 are a couple of shredders & sound awesome!

Morfz, I just love everything you play, so good !

Thanks you everyone & thanks again Goose for putting it all together.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #15
Mad Goose

Oh yeah... try increasing the playback speed to say 115 or 120bpm or faster. Its waayyyy cooler.
Makes everyone sounds like a seasoned Phrygian disciple!
Old 11-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #16
Mad Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Ah crap I got you wrong Morfz, I guess I had you and Jase reversed!

I know I'm going looking for another E phrygian BT, maybe with a few more chord changes in it, this is a fun new sound for me. Thanks to Goose big time for the whole new avenue to jam on!
Hey Ron, once you get a hang on this give Al Di Meola's Ritmo De La Noche a shot. Theres a GBT of it floating on the internet. I think its one of his 'easier' tunes.

I tried but I'm not 'fast' enough :P
Old 11-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #17
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out

Wow, you guys all sounded great on this. I've heard all but one person (Mad Goose) play before, but I would have recognized nobody if I were trying to guess!! You all nailed what is a challenging progression if you aren't really familiar with it!!

Somebody mentioned White Rabbit...yup! YYZ also.

My band plays White Rabbit and I spent a lot of time jamming over F# to G trying to get a feel for the scale. As a pentatonic guy, it was NOT easy...I still don't have it down. Hats off to all you guys...well played!!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #18
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Wow, you guys all sounded great on this. I've heard all but one person (Mad Goose) play before, but I would have recognized nobody if I were trying to guess!! You all nailed what is a challenging progression if you aren't really familiar with it!!

Somebody mentioned White Rabbit...yup! YYZ also.

My band plays White Rabbit and I spent a lot of time jamming over F# to G trying to get a feel for the scale. As a pentatonic guy, it was NOT easy...I still don't have it down. Hats off to all you guys...well played!!

LOL, I played about 3 different notes all in the first couple of frets, I was totally clueless.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #19
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

This scale was new to me. Thanks for showing it to us, Mad Goose.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #20
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
This scale was new to me. Thanks for showing it to us, Mad Goose.
You'd never know it was new to you, you did a great job on it !