Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 11-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #51
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Ah butter, see that stuff'll get ya every time LOL

Yes, exactly on tapping! Thanks for the compliment!
left index and ring finger, right index

Here's a quick little imperfect tap sample, I used to sit for hours and play with tapping, I used to be really good at it. Need to practice it more again

https://soundcloud.com/user-825279824/tapping
Cheers Ron I will look at this. I like doing a lot of one handed playing as sometime its easier to go faster. Tapping Is just like that.Your good at it, should try a Eddie type short piece might be fun
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #52
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Thanks, I might be able to do as well as Eddie... Eddie Munster maybe not Van Halen lol
Old 11-05-2017, 12:08 AM   #53
old geezer

Quote:
Thanks, I might be able to do as well as Eddie... Eddie Munster maybe not Van Halen lol
Lol just need to work on it. From what I am hearing I reckon you will do great. Working on a few set pieces you have worked out joined together so it flows from one to the other. If we were talking Eddie style. I reckon a trem is a good thing. Something I have been thinking of a good trem on some model. Not sure which. Do you use or like trems ?
Old 11-05-2017, 01:38 AM   #54
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

thanks yes, practice practice practice! That's gotta help
I do like trems, but do not have one, so I'm 'trem-less' lol
Old 11-05-2017, 01:59 AM   #55
old geezer

Quote:
thanks yes, practice practice practice! That's gotta help
I do like trems, but do not have one, so I'm 'trem-less' lol
Me too I want a trem. I wonder if the classic vibe strats stay in tune ? This Tele is amazing Ron. Really I cant stress how good it is. The strats are likely budget killers too I reckon. If its anything like its Tele cousin I reckon it would be amazing. I want one damn it. Though of course still not EVH type guitar
Eddie munster guitar. can you imagine that on the headstock
Old 11-05-2017, 02:28 AM   #56
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

hahah man that'd be a cool guitar! Nothing like a 6 string electric Munster lol

I would like a NICE strat, always loved those. IF the neck was small, lean and fast with easy low action. I'm so spoiled and used to my guitar I have trouble playing other guitars that have harder/higher action. But one with maybe a locking nut and a fine tune bridge and whammy bar... that would be super fun!

Or even this one... but $$=ouch!

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electri...111800800.html
Old 11-05-2017, 02:51 AM   #57
old geezer

Quote:
hahah man that'd be a cool guitar! Nothing like a 6 string electric Munster lol

I would like a NICE strat, always loved those. IF the neck was small, lean and fast with easy low action. I'm so spoiled and used to my guitar I have trouble playing other guitars that have harder/higher action. But one with maybe a locking nut and a fine tune bridge and whammy bar... that would be super fun!

Or even this one... but $$=ouch!

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electri...111800800.html
Yeah that's more ouch than my thumb. Nice though. I am the same small neck profile
low action. This classic vibe has all of it, nice necks for sure. Action is a bit high on this one. But with a setup it would be fine I am sure. The cost of a Chinese CV plus setup is a good price. As I say if its anything like this. It would have a killer neck and tone. If you could get to try the CVs I reckon you would be gobsmacked. I am in a state of shock to be honest. I much prefer it to a Mexican standard Tele I once had. Much nicer neck. Better tone. I bet if you got your hands on one you would come back and say. Damn its all true. Btw I just started a new job for squire limited did I mention that
Old 11-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #58
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Yeah that's more ouch than my thumb. Nice though. I am the same small neck profile
low action. This classic vibe has all of it, nice necks for sure. Action is a bit high on this one. But with a setup it would be fine I am sure. The cost of a Chinese CV plus setup is a good price. As I say if its anything like this. It would have a killer neck and tone. If you could get to try the CVs I reckon you would be gobsmacked. I am in a state of shock to be honest. I much prefer it to a Mexican standard Tele I once had. Much nicer neck. Better tone. I bet if you got your hands on one you would come back and say. Damn its all true. Btw I just started a new job for squire limited did I mention that
Tone and a good neck is the key things to me too, especially the feel of the neck, action, fret board, etc.
Tele's look cool! I just have something in me, probably from the old days, where a 'strat' just does something to make me drool. It's purely the look of them I must admit!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #59
old geezer

Quote:
Tone and a good neck is the key things to me too, especially the feel of the neck, action, fret board, etc.
Tele's look cool! I just have something in me, probably from the old days, where a 'strat' just does something to make me drool. It's purely the look of them I must admit!
Agreed they look very cool

I haven't tried a CV strat but it must be from the same factory. I reckon they will be just as good as the Teles

One thing I notice Is the woods seem better quality than any squire I have ever tried, and by a big margin.

But being a range of guitars that attempts to replicate a old classic. I am certain fenders prep must have been to use better quality woods on the CVs Any misconceptions of the squire name on these particular models. Is unfounded in my opinion. One thing it may need is a good setup from new. Anyway enough of the preaching but I dare you to try both. If you ever go near a music store. Fairly confident you will be shocked. I want to try the CV strat. keep looking at the Kelly thinking about the chopping block. But then I will have two similar sounding guitars. Still I want to try one a lot. China is delivering no mistake on that.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #60
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

I'll have to pop into a music store and feel any they have. I haven't even been in a musical instrument store for 20 years!