Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 10-28-2016, 02:37 AM   #1
pauln
Guitarist

pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts
Default Look what happened at the Green Day concert

Last edited by pauln; 02-07-2017 at 03:53 AM.
pauln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:50 AM   #2
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

VERY different when a fan is INVITED on stage.
I've been at concerts where some drunken jagoff who fancies himself in the same league as the musicians bulls onto the stage with his (out-of-key) harmonica or tries to grab a set of drumsticks to "add to the beat"...
These guys usually end up dragged offstage, taken out back, and beaten like a hittler pinata at a Mossad picnic.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #4
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I have no proof but I think many of these are staged. They find some local person and vet them in advance, give him a sign and invite him on stage. Maybe a guy from a cover band or something.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:19 PM   #5
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
I have no proof but I think many of these are staged. They find some local person and vet them in advance, give him a sign and invite him on stage. Maybe a guy from a cover band or something.
I don't know. I don't think Green Day or Keith Urban need to have someone come up onstage. Too me it seems like it would be a pain in the ass. You may have a point though because no matter what the sign says there is always a chance that the guy can't play a lick and that would be a massive fail.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:23 PM   #6
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

The guy who came on stage and played during the Keith Urban concert is Rob Joyce. He was interviewed about it afterward, and unless he's lying, and he doesn't seem to be, it was indeed spontaneous.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #7
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

It's entirely possible that it's spontaneous. I guess the videos of guys who are awful don't get passed around much
Old 10-28-2016, 07:51 PM   #8
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
Agreed. Publicity stunt.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #9
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Wasn't the Keith Urban thing preplanned?.

I thought there was a thread on the Keith Urban thing,

http://www.guitarforums.com/showthre...ht=keith+urban

Last edited by Jase; 10-28-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 02:05 AM   #10
phingerboard
Dung Foo Master

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Well they are in a place right now where they can use any kind of feel-good publicity stunt.