Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Recording & Software

Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #1
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Exclamation Getting Kinda Excited !

I've a new mic coming for my T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3X MFX unit .

Introducing the :

MP-76

The mic is made by Sennheiser for T.C.Helicon and is one ruggedly built dynamic microphone
like a Shure SM58 and it's sounds are pretty close but not exactly being they are
dynamic mics . It's got a broader ( wider mic element ) and then it depart's company .

The preset changes of my T.C.Helicon VL3X , Loop triggering / FX on-off are controlled
by this mic with it's 4 nano switches , it's a mix'd combination splitting the difference of a
Switch 3 and Switch 6 .

The FX for my guitar are triggered with a footswitch off the T.C.H. VL3X , when you trigger
FX on guitar you are stuck pretty much in front of your MFX pedal to trigger and release
while hitting a solo .

When I blow electrified harp same thing , I'm stuck in front of the pedal . But when singing with
the MP-76 I'm not subject to that restraint of having to be in front of the pedals , I can trigger
FX on/off and record stop/start it and change Presets all from that MP-76 - - -

So I got to thinking at first this was cool but not important to me

- - or - -

Was it ?

I like blowing through a Shure 520D Green Bullet harp mic primarily

. I also like my Unishere (Shure ) PE585 both are High HZ mics . I've a few vintage 50's bullet
mic's as well . These High Hz mics work excellently through a guitar amp's guitar input .

I like ripping on LowHz mic's using a matching x-former , SM57's for the hard edge squawk of
Chicago/California Jump Swing R&B Blues and standards the Shure SM58 .

The MP-76 is a chance I'm taking on that should be awesome if it does what I'm after , which is
to free me up from having to stay close to the pedal board/MFX unit(s) as I play my
harps .

When away from my stomps I can walk over to the other musicians and get tight up
close and personal with a improve , if soloing I can get close to individuals watching me the same way ,
up close and personal .

With the T.C.VL3X I can pre record a whole song with all the FX changes triggered automatically
coupled with the control this mic has I see lots of cool possibilities .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 01-10-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Sounds like your going to have a lot of fun with it congrats HR
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Congrats! I only have cheap less than $10 Pyle mics which are supposedly SM58 and 57 clones. I'll probably demo it one day. Haven't tried them yet.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

That sounds like a really interesting plan. I'm very interested in how it works so please review it for us when you get it.

Years ago I played a bit of Harmonica from time to time when in a trio. I have the Hohner Blues Blaster 1490 which is a copy of the Sure 50dx, I also have a Sure PE54 that I picked up at a second hand store for very little but never got around to getting a cord for it. A cord cost more than I paid for the mic. So it's just collecting dust in my mic collection. It was the Paul Butterfield mic of choice. One day I'll find a 4 pin threaded collar cord or buy an adapter.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
Hurricane Ramon

Exclamation ! Just Got It - It's a Quarter Pounder +!

Putting it all together for a shake down cruise , everything's
in place but my mind heh heh heh
  1. MP-76
  2. Shure 520D Green Bullet
  3. Shure SM57
  4. Samson C01 LDC
  5. Source Audio Hot Hand 3 Wireless Ring Whaw Whaw
  6. T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X
  7. Roland GR33 guitar synth module
  8. Godin LGXSA elec./synth guitar
  9. Carvin 60 watt tube amp it's 25 years old and screams
  10. 000 Lucero acoustic elec. nylon Spanish classical
  11. Antares 000 resonator
  12. Acoustic elec Washburn D46SCE dread
  13. Acoustic Kamaka soprano ukulele
  14. Acoustic and elec. chromatic & diatonic harps
  15. P.A.'s ( stereo ) set up
  16. Tascam DR44WL

And for a surprise :

My daughter just gave me a NOS BOSS DS-1 too !

No fooling I'm dizzy just realizing it's about to happen .

I am going to interface all these components into my
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 or iRig Pro , which ever is easiest
into an iPHone to make the process have the fewest
steps to produce a video and put online fast & easy peasy .

I thought a SM58 weight was a tad much but this sucker is heavier ,
it's internal shock assembly is really quite impressive . The design
eliminates any possible noise from pressing on the 4 buttons on the
handle . The tactile feel is really smooth and easy , I like it .

It's O.K. don't worry about the weight factor on this mic , I wear a jock
strap when I Lift it heh heh heh .

I still can't believe I've gotten to this point finally .

EZ & wish a guy luck:

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 01-17-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #6
Hurricane Ramon

Cool DubFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
That sounds like a really interesting plan. I'm very interested in how it works so please review it for us when you get it.

Years ago I played a bit of Harmonica from time to time when in a trio. I have the Hohner Blues Blaster 1490 which is a copy of the Sure 50dx, I also have a Sure PE54 that I picked up at a second hand store for very little but never got around to getting a cord for it. A cord cost more than I paid for the mic. So it's just collecting dust in my mic collection. It was the Paul Butterfield mic of choice. One day I'll find a 4 pin threaded collar cord or buy an adapter.

Good array of harp mics very cool indeed , You got tone man !

Have you ever listened to /watched DubFX he is originally from Australia ?

He's a talented musician , plays guitar and sings but what he does with just a mic and a BOSS GT100 Bass
guitar unit is amazing , he pumps his voice into and does a job on it with a BOSS RC300 looper . All on batteries too .

I'm after that too only using my harps and that's it with the vocal . The idea of live street busking with a unique
look and sound is what got this guy on the map not his guitar playing .

It's an experiment I am going to try beside using all my instruments I play .

With this mic - the octaver of the VL3X and a low pitched harp I have bass lines , I can play chords on
harps too , and wail lead lines and loop it . I have to try this after seeing this guy , he's world wide famous too .

I've gigged small clubs , big clubs and now I'm having fun just soloing busking . I'll soon take this whole thing out on batteries .

EZ :

HR

Last edited by Hurricane Ramon; 01-17-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
Hurricane Ramon

Exclamation Gonna Have Some Fun Tonight !

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Sounds like your going to have a lot of fun with it congrats HR
Thanks man I'm feelin like a kid .

EZ :

HR