Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 09-26-2016, 02:18 AM   #1
bicboi

bicboi Just getting started
Default Chevelle

Anyone here a Chevelle fan?

They are opening for Disturbed in Ottawa in a few weeks so I thought I'd check out their discography. The guitar and bass is not bad at all, but the vocalist has this need to screech even though he cannot scream well at all.

His singing isn't bad at all, but his screeching is not fun at all. I listened to La Gargola and North Corridor, both albums produced like 3 songs I liked. Should I go through the rest of their discography or just accept that I'll have to suffer em before seeing Disturbed?
bicboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:52 AM   #2
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Their newest two albums are not good. Like you said they've only got 2 or 3 decent songs on them. However, everything from Hats Off to the Bull back is great, IMO.

Also, lol at "suffer em before seeing disturbed". That sounds like more of a punishment.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:07 AM   #3
telebender52

telebender52 Just getting started
Smile

Yea, the 1969 SS 396 and the 1970 SS 454 were pretty cool cars.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #4
bicboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
Their newest two albums are not good. Like you said they've only got 2 or 3 decent songs on them. However, everything from Hats Off to the Bull back is great, IMO.

Also, lol at "suffer em before seeing disturbed". That sounds like more of a punishment.
I'm super excited to see Disturbed. One of my favourite metal bands! I just wished Draiman would sing more then his growls, he's an amazing singer.

I got to see them for a bit in Heavy Montreal, but I collapsed (concussion took its toll) near the start of the show. I can't wait!!!
Old 10-17-2016, 06:22 AM   #5
bicboi

Glad I listened to the rest of Chevelle's discography, Comfortable Liar is such an amazing song.

Chevelle + Disturbed gave me one of the most fun nights i've had in a while!