Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 01-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
rudos1
the Deuce

rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts
Default NCGD = New Crappy Gear Day

OK I didn't need another head or cab but was looking at maybe a trade for a Marshall cab to pair up with my ATV50 head instead of or in addition to my Crate 4X12. Found this deal on CL, the guy was asking 150 for the MG100DFX head and two crusty cabs. One with no back and no grill. I talked him down to $90 and drove home with a car full of crappy gear for cheap. Actually the pictures are deceiving as the cab with the Crate logo and grill are not original to that cab, it's a Raven 4X12 with speakers that are heavily cracked on the cones but magically still produce sound. The other cab is a real Crate Blue Voodoo cab with pretty decent Eminence 50 watt speakers that sound very nice. I grabbed the grill off the Raven and put it on the BV120 cab to protect the speakers and will leave the cab without a back as it sounds really full and seems to really fill the area with sound despite the slight loss of bass from the back being off. When combined with my other Crate straight cab the mix is very nice. I sprayed Deoxit in all the jacks and pots and cleaned everything up a bit. The head works but if you move it around it can get a screaming whine but when I smack it in the face plate and/or move the knobs and work the jacks the noise goes away and the head works fine and sounds pretty decent for such a low end head. I'll prob sell the Raven cab and the head for cheap money as is and have a new 4X12 for free...
Black modded strat, Epi SG, White Epi Wilshire Pro,Tubeworks Tube Driver TD-752 1X12 combo, ,SG copy from kit, Mesa Boogie 50 Caliber+, Hot Wheels Strat, Marshall MG100HDFX , Vox VT20+,Applause AE25, Laguna Bass
rudos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Yup. That is some ragged-lookin' gear alright...

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
phingerboard
Dung Foo Master

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Tonight on A&E.... "The Gear Hoarder of Walnut Street".
Old 01-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #4
rudos1
the Deuce

rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phingerboard View Post
Tonight on A&E.... "The Gear Hoarder of Walnut Street".
For sure the wife just shakes her head...

Black modded strat, Epi SG, White Epi Wilshire Pro,Tubeworks Tube Driver TD-752 1X12 combo, ,SG copy from kit, Mesa Boogie 50 Caliber+, Hot Wheels Strat, Marshall MG100HDFX , Vox VT20+,Applause AE25, Laguna Bass
Old 01-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
rudos1
the Deuce

Now as a full stack...
Old 01-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

That looks really cool, but are you able to crank the thing?

I have new amp sim software, and it does Marshall really well, imo.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #7
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

I still say that Rudos is a not so distant relative of Bucky.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudos1 View Post
The head works but if you move it around it can get a screaming whine but when I smack it in the face plate and/or move the knobs and work the jacks the noise goes away and the head works fine and sounds pretty decent for such a low end head. I'll prob sell the Raven cab and the head for cheap money as is and have a new 4X12 for free...

Seems like a really cool deal!!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #9
Z. Wolf
Central Scrutinizer

Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts

Wheelin' and a dealin' and getting a good deal on gear is better than a no gear day.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
rudos1
the Deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
That looks really cool, but are you able to crank the thing?

I have new amp sim software, and it does Marshall really well, imo.
Yeah I was shaking the walls and scaring the dogs the other day..