Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Member Tunes

Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started
Default Blues guitar improvising with a looper

Hey ! Got myself a new looper. Decided to test it out. Here is an original bluesy jam. Feedback of all kinds and tips/pointers sound or technique is great.

https://youtu.be/5iQKMRytfc0
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
KamaK
Retired

KamaK Just getting started

Great stuff. Good job. Don't be afraid to switch/intermingle scales. Take your existing PM scale and move it 2 up or 3 down and break out of that box.
KamaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaK View Post
Great stuff. Good job. Don't be afraid to switch/intermingle scales. Take your existing PM scale and move it 2 up or 3 down and break out of that box.
Ill think about that ! Thanks for the tip. I try go mix the major and minor pentatonics but I use way more of the minor pentatonic
Old 01-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Love the rakes & the chord tones !!
That looper is a handy thing.

Sounds really nice.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #5
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Love the rakes & the chord tones !!
That looper is a handy thing.

Sounds really nice.
Ye the looper is really really good to have. Something im going to use A LOT. Chord tones and phrasing is what im really focusing on right now, thanks for listening!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #6
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Yep, loopers are great practice tools. My Zoom G5 has a cool one with a built in simple drum machine. I need to get back to using it...I used it a lot to practice solos I learned and to work on improvised parts.

I liked the rhythm track you laid down to play over as much as the cool mellow licks you played over it. Very nice!!!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:42 AM   #7
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Yep, loopers are great practice tools. My Zoom G5 has a cool one with a built in simple drum machine. I need to get back to using it...I used it a lot to practice solos I learned and to work on improvised parts.

I liked the rhythm track you laid down to play over as much as the cool mellow licks you played over it. Very nice!!!
Damn thats cool; that you have a built in drum track in yours! I have the d3 duet looper from xvive.

Glad you liked the rhythm I really liked playing around with that. Thanks for listening Squid ! Im gonna check out your GTGP jam now.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #8
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
Damn thats cool; that you have a built in drum track in yours! I have the d3 duet looper from xvive.

Glad you liked the rhythm I really liked playing around with that. Thanks for listening Squid ! Im gonna check out your GTGP jam now.
Because the looper has a beat associated with it, when you hit the pedal at the end of the loop, it creates the end right on the beat even if you didn't hit the pedal precisely at the right time.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on my GTGP post.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:28 PM   #9
caduprado

caduprado Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Because the looper has a beat associated with it, when you hit the pedal at the end of the loop, it creates the end right on the beat even if you didn't hit the pedal precisely at the right time.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on my GTGP post.
I just love my looper pedal! It also has a built in drum with 10 different sounds and I just recently noticed what you mentioned, lol. I just didn't use the drum until recently.

Mine is a Boss RC-3 and I every now and then copy the recorded tracks to the PC through a USB cable, or the other way around. I actually recorded my GTGP Swamp Blues downloading the BT on the internet, then loading it to the pedal and have it playing on my amp as I recorded over the phrasing.

Funny thing is that since I don't have a timeline of the track while recording, the track kind of suprised me when it finished, lol.

Excellent practice tool!
caduprado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:28 PM   #10
caduprado

caduprado Just getting started

And very nice job Morfz!
caduprado is offline   Reply With Quote