Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 01-12-2017, 12:30 AM   #11
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I planned on getting Bias Pro at the sale price of..$149? But I was so busy screwing with Amplitube (they have great tech support, but UK based, so a day lag in response), that I missed the sale price. I didn't feel secure dropping $200 on something mostly unknown. I'm still playing with it. Even the Standard edition is giving me plenty to play with.

I've been playing with mostly high gain sims, because I've never had that. The THR is a real godsend. And good thing it takes pedals well. No real reason why any interface couldn't take pedals reasonably well.
Just checked, its on sale again for $159, so you should be OK. If it doesn't give you that price e-mail them. I had a similar issue and they told me to do something that didn't seem right (don't remember what it was) but it worked and I got the sale price upgrade.

Yea, still love my THR, but I am using it less and less as I get better with the Bias stuff.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 AM   #12
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgsByte View Post
Just checked, its on sale again for $159, so you should be OK. If it doesn't give you that price e-mail them. I had a similar issue and they told me to do something that didn't seem right (don't remember what it was) but it worked and I got the sale price upgrade.

Yea, still love my THR, but I am using it less and less as I get better with the Bias stuff.
Where? When I go to the Positive Grid site, it'll still cost $100 to upgrade. When I click upgrade from Bias Amp itself, it just directs me to the same PG website.

This link says $159, but then redirects to same page. I'll email them. Thanks. https://www.positivegrid.com/promotions/

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:24 AM   #13
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

PG responded already:

Chris (Positive Grid)
Jan 12, 11:25 CST

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Positive Grid support.

The upgrade is always $100 from Standard to Professional.
Hope that helps.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #14
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Duh, I am stupid, I got it now. Sorry, I assumed you got it for $49 or $59 and it was asking for $150 to update, FM. Now I get it. Sorry for the confusion. I'll blame the drugs .
iConnectAudio4+
Old 01-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #15
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Duh, I am stupid, I got it now. Sorry, I assumed you got it for $49 or $59 and it was asking for $150 to update, FM. Now I get it. Sorry for the confusion. I'll blame the drugs .
Eh, I think it was an honest, reasonable mistake because if you go to their January sales page: https://www.positivegrid.com/promotions/ it STILL lists the sale prices. However, if you click "buy now" or login to your account, the prices are current. In a separate email, whoever responded said due to traffic, they haven't updated their site. I think it's a bait and switch.

Last week, I emailed my Sweetwater rep, and asked what he could do, if anything, and he offered me Pro for $189. From a business standpoint, I think Positive Grid should have honored the sale price because it's still on their Promotions page, and would have engendered some loyalty.

Well, that got back to me fast enough, and it never hurts to ask.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #16
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public

Positive Grid support is not as good as the poduct from my experience.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:30 PM   #17
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Yeesh. Youse guyz and your fancy hi-falutin' git'r gear.
Here's my monster-tone rig:

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #18
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd View Post

Put it on e-bay, paint it gold, say its the impossibly rare 53 Gibson Les Paul Boardman Custom fretless, headless, bodyless, stringless, through body neck wonder! Ask $1.5 million for it, take the first offer over 50 cents. No tone control means no tone usually, but it this cased look at the top (head!) and you can see they "Nailed the tone", or did they screw it? Want to take it for a walk after a gig, no problem, comes with a dual function strap. Is that handle a trem or a 5 speed manual?

Funny as hell, looks like a lot of thought and beer went into making that 'guitar'
iConnectAudio4+
Old 01-14-2017, 07:32 PM   #19
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:

Is that handle a trem or a 5 speed manual?
Some collector you are. Anyone can see it's a rear passenger-side interior door handle from a '48 DeSoto.

Ya really think I've got an ebay/antiques roadshow gem here?!?

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #20
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd View Post

Im starting to wonder Shredd if that guitar has more strings than you have teeth!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote