Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 01-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #81
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started

Also, cool that you liked my phrasing on this one since thats something im really working on at the moment
Morfz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #82
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts

Damn you are coming along quickly. I can tell you've been working on phrasing. Some really cool licks too.

Well done!!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:23 AM   #83
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts BallisticSquid Has Anal Warts

OK, you guys inspired me to take a whirl with this track. Morfz, you provide a reminder that it's not all about flash, simple thoughtful phrasing can win the day. Aly and Mouse's track inspired me too.

So here it is...Swampy Squid Blues .

The interesting lesson on this one was how the major and minor pents sound very different. I decided to alternate between choruses halfway through. I found that the choruses where I played major sounded more polite...the minor pent choruses were more raucous and kind of nasty sounding.

Anyway, this was fun...thanks for the inspiration you guys.

https://soundcloud.com/ballistic_squ...py-squid-blues
Old 01-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #84
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts

That is my happy dance. So glad you joined in, this is OUTSTANDING !!!!!

I see what you mean about the differences in the verses when switching between minor & major. I like them both a lot, but I like the uncouth one the best
Old 01-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #85
BallisticSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post

That is my happy dance. So glad you joined in, this is OUTSTANDING !!!!!

I see what you mean about the differences in the verses when switching between minor & major. I like them both a lot, but I like the uncouth one the best
Thanks! This one felt good and I needed that. It was fun and fulfilling! It is one of the few clean tones I've ever dialed in that I was really happy with. I did this with my PRS and the bridge humbucker.

I have to try this switching between major and minor on other things I play. I've tried it before and for some reason it never seemed to work, not like this. Here it worked like a charm.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #86
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
OK, you guys inspired me to take a whirl with this track. Morfz, you provide a reminder that it's not all about flash, simple thoughtful phrasing can win the day. Aly and Mouse's track inspired me too.

The interesting lesson on this one was how the major and minor pents sound very different. I decided to alternate between choruses halfway through. I found that the choruses where I played major sounded more polite...the minor pent choruses were more raucous and kind of nasty sounding.

Awesome stuff Squid ! Some tasty licks going round. Your tone is very fitting for the piece and I also liked the way you mixed major and minor. Also nice phrasing and use of space. Sweet.
Morfz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #87
Mouse

Mouse Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post

Glad you decided to jump in. Great idea mixing major/minor pent. That broke up the mood nicely. You all inspire me as well. Rarely do I listen to a track where I don't find a lick or three that I want to steal!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #88
BallisticSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
Awesome stuff Squid ! Some tasty licks going round. Your tone is very fitting for the piece and I also liked the way you mixed major and minor. Also nice phrasing and use of space. Sweet.
Thanks...I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Glad you decided to jump in. Great idea mixing major/minor pent. That broke up the mood nicely. You all inspire me as well. Rarely do I listen to a track where I don't find a lick or three that I want to steal!
When I first listened to this track, all I heard in my head was the same old tired crap I've been playing forever. Listening to what y'all did, I heard other possibilities.

I have to sit with your take and dissect some of the parts...there's plethora of good stuff to steal in there .
Old 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #89
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts

We need to hear the full tracks from Cobalt & Austin, come on guys !

Are we ready to choose another BT ? Suggestions?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #90
BallisticSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
We need to hear the full tracks from Cobalt & Austin, come on guys !

Are we ready to choose another BT ? Suggestions?
I was wondering about Cobalt's full track...what's he holdup mister!!