Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Recording & Software

Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #21
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
pisser

adjective

A good time, cool. New England slang.
I always thought pisser meant bummer????

See, he does love you!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:32 PM   #22
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I always thought pisser meant bummer????

See, he does love you!
Depends on the day
Old 01-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #23
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

So my little interface came in today and from the reviews I was not sure what to expect as there were some good and some bad. It seemed though that the bad reviews were either a couple of years old or some people with Win 10 and I have Win 10. It came with a disk and for some reason two manuals, so maybe they sent me the special Aly version???? Anyway, at first I just plugged it in but my DAW did not see it so I used the install disk. The disk has it's version of ASIO and it also has some amp simm software. So I installed the Asio driver and then opened my DAW and there it was. At first I recorded with Asio and it worked great with zero latency. Then I tried WaveRt and that worked flawlessly also. Sitting on the couch I will probably use WaveRT because by doing that I can then monitor and hear playback from my wireless headphones so no cables. The couple of test recordings I made sounded really really good. Totally happy with it. It has one input for guitar and one for headphones. There is a volume wheel for the headphones. The other side has a little switch for your guitar input. You can either use high or low. I used high and everything sounded and recorded great.

Now the software is a different story. Like I mentioned it has some amp simms so since they are from Native Instruments I thought, why not? I think they do Guitar Rig. They install as a stand alone and also as plug ins. When I tried to open up the stand alone versions nothing would happen. They looked like there were going to open and then nothing. And although the plug ins were in my proper folders and I re-scaned them, they did not show up in my DAW. So I looked at the folder that they were installed to and the dates on the files were from 2007. Probably why they did not work. Don't need them anyway.

So if this unit works as good for you as me, I highly recommend it. I can use it on the couch to record practice or play through Amplitube. When the time comes to record a collab with Aly well then I will take out my Focusrite. Maybe.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #24
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Wow, sounds good, glad you are happy with it. Your wife told me it's your last toy so enjoy it

2 manuals? One is in braille, you cranky old fucker so you don't have to wear your glasses while reclining with your bluetooth headphones & your wireless guitar
Old 01-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #25
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Wow, sounds good, glad you are happy with it. Your wife told me it's your last toy so enjoy it

2 manuals? One is in braille, you cranky old fucker so you don't have to wear your glasses while reclining with your bluetooth headphones & your wireless guitar
Nope, its the SLIMALY version. One manual for each or you so you can hash it out on the phone for HOURS!
Old 01-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #26
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Yeesh...you guyz and your hi-falutin' recordin' stuff...

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 AM   #27
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Nope, its the SLIMALY version. One manual for each or you so you can hash it out on the phone for HOURS!

Old 01-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #28
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd View Post
Yeesh...you guyz and your hi-falutin' recordin' stuff...

Nothing fancy here Shredd, it's was $39.99.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #29
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Nothing fancy here Shredd, it's was $39.99.
Yeah, sure...but does it get the Disney channel?!?

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:16 AM   #30
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
So my little interface came in today and from the reviews I was not sure what to expect as there were some good and some bad. It seemed though that the bad reviews were either a couple of years old or some people with Win 10 and I have Win 10. It came with a disk and for some reason two manuals, so maybe they sent me the special Aly version???? Anyway, at first I just plugged it in but my DAW did not see it so I used the install disk. The disk has it's version of ASIO and it also has some amp simm software. So I installed the Asio driver and then opened my DAW and there it was. At first I recorded with Asio and it worked great with zero latency. Then I tried WaveRt and that worked flawlessly also. Sitting on the couch I will probably use WaveRT because by doing that I can then monitor and hear playback from my wireless headphones so no cables. The couple of test recordings I made sounded really really good. Totally happy with it. It has one input for guitar and one for headphones. There is a volume wheel for the headphones. The other side has a little switch for your guitar input. You can either use high or low. I used high and everything sounded and recorded great.

Now the software is a different story. Like I mentioned it has some amp simms so since they are from Native Instruments I thought, why not? I think they do Guitar Rig. They install as a stand alone and also as plug ins. When I tried to open up the stand alone versions nothing would happen. They looked like there were going to open and then nothing. And although the plug ins were in my proper folders and I re-scaned them, they did not show up in my DAW. So I looked at the folder that they were installed to and the dates on the files were from 2007. Probably why they did not work. Don't need them anyway.

So if this unit works as good for you as me, I highly recommend it. I can use it on the couch to record practice or play through Amplitube. When the time comes to record a collab with Aly well then I will take out my Focusrite. Maybe.
How do you monitor with wireless headphones? I guess your laptop is bluetooth enabled?

You should go to the website to see if there's an update to the software, or find the .exe file, and try running it in compatibility mode. I read some good reviews, and some mentioned that the sims were pretty good.

I'd like to get something like a small draftsman table as a work area for my recording stuff. I got roped into recording something by some lunatics I know. Anyway, I'd like the THR up where I can see the damn thing. The dark lettering was an epic mistake imo, on Yamaha's part. I'm not sure, aside from when I use an xlr mic, when I'll use my Focusrite. If I use Bias or any software sim, I can just set the THR to "flat."

I wish all these toys existed when I was a kid.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote