Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 01-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #51
pauln
Guitarist

pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
After all the frantic, fast talking to get me to join & me consenting to an audition they have yet to decide upon a practice date. It was suppose to be Sat or Tues (yesterday didn't happen), Tues is off, & now it's maybe Wednesday. The genre of the band has changed daily from ZZTop tribute to 70's disco. Any songs I have suggested (they are unfamiliar with most) have been met with the response. "We can do all that on the fly" LOL You see where all this is going? Another example of how the band thing goes around here & why 90% have never been in a working/gigging band.

The best part, we are going to make $800-$1200 just to be an opening act & all the equipment will be provided.....okay......& the goal is to tour. BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA !!!!!
Relax... it just sounds like they are really excited about you (and euphoric that the psych lady quit).

Go audition and knock 'em dead (oops, poor phrase, that...).

With all the quick change it is natural that the path forward is not clear (what kind of music, etc.). If you adopt each other you have a nice opportunity to get in on the ground floor for the strategic musical planning.

Dress sexy and good luck!
pauln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #52
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Relax... it just sounds like they are really excited about you (and euphoric that the psych lady quit).

Go audition and knock 'em dead (oops, poor phrase, that...).

With all the quick change it is natural that the path forward is not clear (what kind of music, etc.). If you adopt each other you have a nice opportunity to get in on the ground floor for the strategic musical planning.

Dress sexy and good luck!
I keep telling myself they are just really pumped up

I would dress sexy but damn, it's just too cold. I will have on my fleece lined long underwear & my Nanouk from the north coat & hat
Old 01-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #53
pauln
Guitarist

pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts

If they can tell you're cold that will be plenty exiting for the old fellas...
Old 01-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #54
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts AlyKat Has Anal Warts

Paul! I'm shocked (not really)Maybe I better bring one of my dad's spare O2 tanks & some nitroglycerine
Old 01-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #55
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I know it's cold...but go with this look. You could plunk out beer commercial jingles and they'd be promising you a national tour with no brown M&M's.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #56
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Hahaha Shredd, only if we have a warm spell. That look will have to wait till summer & the way their practice schedule is working out that may be an option
Old 01-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #57
Nastytroll
Banned

Nastytroll Just getting started

Maybe he just has the hot's for you, Used that ploy a few times myself back in the 80's and 90's
Nastytroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #58
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home Sixstringplayer The lights are on but there's nobody home

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I keep telling myself they are just really pumped up

I would dress sexy but damn, it's just too cold. I will have on my fleece lined long underwear & my Nanouk from the north coat & hat
Be yourself, let your vocals do the talkin!! or singing lol!! You will be fine, they are lucky to get you.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #59
AlyKat
Collab Queen

They are still trying to agree on a day to practice & me to audition, can't seem to settle on anything. Wouldn't you think there would be some type of scheduled practice.....
Another band going nowhere fast. Toot toot, all aboard! Next stop: garage
Old 01-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #60
pauln
Guitarist

Chillax... be ready for when it happens.