Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 12-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #11
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Nice mixing Aly, Thanks for inviting me in on this, it was fun and rewarding to learn these Setzer licks and I'm inspired to learn some more of his stuff. Your singing is right on, rhythm and bass too. If you ever leave the frozen tundra and move to where it's warm, i'd play in a band with you any time.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #12
Borodog

Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Good one guys.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 04:45 AM   #13
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
Love it !!!
Thanks Six!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Wow that was awesome!!! Totally nailed it you guys!!
Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
Good job!

I've been wanting to learn this song for a year at least.
Thanks, you can jump in on the next one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
Nice mixing Aly, Thanks for inviting me in on this, it was fun and rewarding to learn these Setzer licks and I'm inspired to learn some more of his stuff. Your singing is right on, rhythm and bass too. If you ever leave the frozen tundra and move to where it's warm, i'd play in a band with you any time.
Thanks! Love what you added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
Good one guys.
Thanks for listening!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #14
Mouse

Mouse Just getting started Mouse Just getting started

Great job guys! Beautiful vocals as always and CR really captured that Setzer vibe.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #15
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode Just getting started DanRode Just getting started

That was fantastic! Great work.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #16
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Great job, both of you.

C-Rock, you use the gretsch where you dropped the GFS surf pups in? They sound great. I suspect I fell for the TV Jones hype. Killed on the guitar parts.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #17
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Great job, both of you.

C-Rock, you use the gretsch where you dropped the GFS surf pups in? They sound great. I suspect I fell for the TV Jones hype. Killed on the guitar parts.
Thanks Slim, No actually I traded that Gretsch for a Gibson SG straight across. I loved that guitar and those Surf 90's sounded great. I'm going to put a set in another guitar I have. I just could not get over the tuning issue when using the Bixbey. I could not keep that guitar in tune.
I used my home built double cut with the Seymour Duncans in it. Plugged into the POD HD500X set to Rock-A Billy.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #18
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
Thanks Slim, No actually I traded that Gretsch for a Gibson SG straight across. I loved that guitar and those Surf 90's sounded great. I'm going to put a set in another guitar I have. I just could not get over the tuning issue when using the Bixbey. I could not keep that guitar in tune.
I used my home built double cut with the Seymour Duncans in it. Plugged into the POD HD500X set to Rock-A Billy.
Nice trade. I found pulling up on the Bigsby brings you back to "zero."

Nice that you can just stomp a button and get the sound you want.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #19
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Great job guys! Beautiful vocals as always and CR really captured that Setzer vibe.
\

Thanks Mouse !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
That was fantastic! Great work.
Thanks Dan !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Great job, both of you.

Thanks Slim !
Old 01-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #20
thais889
Guitar Enthusiast

thais889 Just getting started

Well done indeed! Nice groove!
thais889 is offline   Reply With Quote