Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 09-19-2017, 12:02 AM   #21
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
I've always been told that morning wood is the best moanwood
Now, the existence of MOANwood is NOT debatable. Moanwood DOES exists, it DOES have an effect on tone (ESPECIALLY the infamous "woman tone"), and different moanwoods unquestionably DO influence the overall moanal outcome.

Bob, you may have just invented an exclusive 'Guitar Forums' term: "Moanwood".
I LIKE it!!

So I got her nothing.
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #22
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

:r of
Old 09-19-2017, 06:41 AM   #23
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg0 View Post
I just looked at a picture of a scooped fretboard. I had never heard of it. To me, it looks like it would be painful to play. I have absolutely no desire to even try one.

BTW Aly, depth is no problem. Ever.
That's a smart move. Very few people like them and those who do might be lying. LOL
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:42 AM   #24
FwL
User of Registers

FwL Just getting started

I'd prefer to never play a non-scalloped.fingerboard. Tall frets don't cut it either.

My Personal Website | Band Website | youtube | soundcloud

Current Gear: Yamaha A3R TBL Limited Edition through a Digitech RP1000 and POG2 then straight into the PA
FwL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:04 PM   #25
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Scalloped frets demand a complete change in your playing technique. If you are a hard player and you fret hard absentmindedly, then they are not for you. If you have a feather touch and an almost classical style, you might be interested.

I've never seen the need for them.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillmoreNYC View Post
Now, the existence of MOANwood is NOT debatable. Moanwood DOES exists, it DOES have an effect on tone (ESPECIALLY the infamous "woman tone"), and different moanwoods unquestionably DO influence the overall moanal outcome.

Bob, you may have just invented an exclusive 'Guitar Forums' term: "Moanwood".
I LIKE it!!

I'll be at least the rest of the week. Don't forget to tip the wait staff!

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:02 AM   #27
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Scooped seems a little extreme to moi. I like jumbo stainless frets myself. With the action set just so, I find I can really get fantastic contact for really accurate string bending, I do scoop my cat litter though.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #28
JaxJaxon

JaxJaxon Just getting started

My Guess is if you play really long sessions a scalloped fret board would not tire out your hand as much. and has any one ever had a guitar so long that some spots on the fret board become scalloped. I have.
JaxJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:29 AM   #29
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Hmmm... I think I'm going to scallop my beater guitar bass project guitar in the higher frets and see how it is...
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #30
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Too technical for me, I have hard enough time playing my own regular guitars.
stratstrummer is online now   Reply With Quote