Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 12-04-2017, 05:38 AM   #1
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default Any suggestions for a small cheapo multi-effects into PA?

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of getting myself a small cheap multi-effects that I can just drop into my guitar case pocket. Planning to spend not more than $30 and I really don't care if it would produce high quality sound as long as it is decent. I started a Rock Band Club in school and didn't want to bring my full pedal board twice a week. I will be plugging into a PA.

Candidates so far:

#1 Zoom g1on - can I plug it straight to a PA?
#2 Behringer GDI21 - a guitar amp sim for plugging straight to a PA, plain and simple.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by littlebadboy; 12-04-2017 at 11:43 AM.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #2
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
Hello everyone! I'm thinking of getting myself a small cheap multi-effects that I can just drop into my guitar case pocket. Planning to spend not more than $30 and I really don't care if it would produce high quality sound as long as it is decent. I started a Rock Band Club in school and didn't want to bring my full pedal board twice a week. I will be plugging into a PA.

Candidates so far:

#1 Zoom g1on - can I plug it straight to a PA?
#2 Behringer GDI21 - a guitar amp sim for plugging straight to a PA, plain and simple.

What do you guys think?
I think I want my cookie and lumpia now. Little old men don't mess with those digital doo dads.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

You don't have an old spare sitting around you could just leave at school?

I'm using my Zoom G5 in a similar situation. I got tired of hauling my amp, pedal board, etc. to band practice. So I set up some patches in my Zoom G5 and plug it straight into the PA. I was planning on leaving it there...but it's small enough I can carry it easily without much of a fuss.

Don't know if the effects in the g1on are similar to the G5 or not. If they are, I've found the G5 to be more than sufficient. The key to getting good tone from the amp sims is to put the "z clean" effect first in the chain. This is some sort of compressor that makes sure the input signal doesn't overload the signal chain you've set up. If you look at all of the presets, they do this...now I know why.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I think I want my cookie and lumpia now. Little old men don't mess with those digital doo dads.
Sir, I don't think cookies and lumpia go together. Reminds me of my US born daughter. Eats noodles (pancit) with cookies. Da hek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
You don't have an old spare sitting around you could just leave at school?

I'm using my Zoom G5 in a similar situation...
No spare. If you think the Zoom G1on would work with a PA, I think I'm going with it. They're less than $40 used on eBay.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #5
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
Sir, I don't think cookies and lumpia go together. Reminds me of my US born daughter. Eats noodles (pancit) with cookies. Da hek!

No spare. If you think the Zoom G1on would work with a PA, I think I'm going with it. They're less than $40 used on eBay.
I would google "zoom G1on vs. zoom G5" before making that decision . It wouldn't surprise me though if the same sims are running in each...but I don't know for sure.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:17 AM   #6
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

I don't care for a bunch of peddles but if I were going to buy something, it would a ZOOM.