Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 11:41 PM   #21
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
If the US dollar is no longer backed by gold or silver, why would a dramatic increase in price for those metals cause a"crash"?
It's a diversion to avoid answering my question, I think.

People keep telling me that a bunch of companies have come back to the US & more are following & I keep asking "Who came back ?" & I never receive an answer.

As a side note, I do like silver jewelry
Old 02-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #22
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post

People keep telling me that a bunch of companies have come back to the US & more are following & I keep asking "Who came back ?" & I never receive an answer.

If you really want answers, go to the BLS site and spend a little time.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:44 PM   #23
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Quote:
While we're on the topic of Trump...

One of my gripes with him is how hard he is trying to avoid renewable resources (Nevermind the countless ignorant statements he's made about the topic). Regardless of where you stand on global warming, renewables are a very profitable investment right now. As the technology advances, renewables will inevitably overtake non-renewables in terms of cost-effectiveness. Wind energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the United States. That means blue collar jobs. Someone's gotta put the turbines up and maintain them. One of Trump's biggest selling points was jobs, jobs, and more jobs. Why would you ignore one of the easiest places to create jobs right now? Not only that, but China is currently the world leader in terms of developing and implementing renewable energy. If that doesn't light a fire under Trump's ass, I don't know what will. For someone who's such a "respected" business man, he's been making some poor business decisions.

And to answer your question, the sitting president has very little, if anything, to do with the growth or decline of the stock market/economy.
Economy, no. Speculative financial markets, Yes.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #24
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Quote:
I am posing a serious question to the Trump supporters.
I really want to see a discussion without a bunch of insults.
I WANT to understand, not fight.

Question: If Trump is responsible for the glorious stock market of late & all your 401K funds are making you money hand over fist because of it, then is Trump also responsible for the plunging crap market of the last couple of days?

Personally, I don't think he is responsible for either, but what do I know....
I will try as basic evil conservative racist hate monger.

trump is the captain of the ship, responsible for all that happens on his watch.

If trumpets are to be believed that he created the run up on the market all by himself then he should get all of the blame.

If the liberal media is to be believed and the run up is due to obama policies, then trump should not get all the blame. His amount of blame is in direct corelation to your belief as to how much of the run up is trumps doing.

I think some of his polices helped, but since the tax thing has not even happened, no money has changed hands yet, I surmise most of the run up is plain old American greed. This is market shit, tangible assets, paper is worthless unless you need to wipe.......
Old 02-09-2018, 11:51 PM   #25
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
If you really want answers, go to the BLS site and spend a little time.
BLS-basic life support, certified!
ACLS-advanced cardiac life support, certified !!!

Ain't nobody gots time fo dat!

If a company has come back, someone who claims to know this should be able to tell me who, shouldn't they?
Old 02-10-2018, 12:03 AM   #26
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:

Maybe some of Trumps companies have come back? Maybe Ivanka's clothing line has come back?

Then again. Maybe not.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #27
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Maybe some of Trumps companies have come back? Maybe Ivanka's clothing line has come back?

Then again. Maybe not.
If he or she had brought one little plant back as a show of good faith I would not feel so strongly the way I do about them.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #28
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:
If he or she had brought one little plant back as a show of good faith I would not feel so strongly the way I do about them.
When you get your next check and you see that $150-200 a month increase your feeling will change. Until his next tweet.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #29
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
When you get your next check and you see that $150-200 a month increase your feeling will change. Until his next tweet.
I got paid today & was waiting to see what my extra taken home was but I forgot I got a bonus so that messed it all up as far as doing a comparison.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:31 AM   #30
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Quote:
If the US dollar is no longer backed by gold or silver, why would a dramatic increase in price for those metals cause a"crash"?
Our Currency is no longer backed by anything but faith in the Government. They have a name for it. Its called FIAT CURRENCY. Nearly every country in the world is based on Fiat Currency and the Dollar is the main worldwide currency. If our currency fails, the whole world fails. The opposite of what you're thinking is what will happen. The crash of the Dollar will cause the value of the Precious Metals to rise. The more worthless the dollar becomes, the more valuable the Metals will become.