Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 02:52 AM   #11
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Louie View Post
What your asking for is what Trump supporters are asking for from his detractors, I sit in the middle and hear it every day from both side.

For what I can say about the feeling of some that Trump is the greatest thing since Ice Cream it's because these same people felt squashed under Obama and his policies. Since when does a US President bow to other world leaders, we're number one, we don't bow. Obama stuck with many of the same failed Bush policies, bail outs when he should have let corporate America fail and the strong survive. Since when is the govt. govt. god, deciding who is too big to fail and who can be pissed on? Obama was perceived as un American, his wife stated in a college paper that she would stand with African Americans if the winds of change ever blew, that sounds pretty racist, if a white American had said it, they'd never let it go. I got more, but not the time.
I have relatives & neighbors who live quite well on their GM pensions, voted for Trump, & HATE Obama. Claim Obama never did a damn thing for them. Right or wrong, during the Obama years, GM was bailed out & had that not happened these people I speak of would be destitute & homeless. So at least give Obama one high five for saving your pension. I might add that the anti-Obama people I know are EXTREMELY predjuced & I just don't get that at all.......
Old 02-09-2018, 02:56 AM   #12
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Not to nit pick but it was down quite a bit again today.......

Can you tell me the names of any businesses that have come back to the US since Trump became president?
LG has announced that they are increasing the costs of their products to make up for the tariff that has been placed on them. Are we shocked? Im sure more will do the same. So you get a tax cut and then everything you buy costs more.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 AM   #13
Cobra

Cobra Just getting started

A bull market has two ways to go...up...or down. If you are wise enough and your money is in the maket you know this. It will always ALWAYS crash.
Remember the crash of the 20’s? It came back right?

Buy low and sell high. If you don’t understand this, stay out of the stock market....
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 AM   #14
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
LG has announced that they are increasing the costs of their products to make up for the tariff that has been placed on them. Are we shocked? Im sure more will do the same. So you get a tax cut and then everything you buy costs more.
This is an interesting article on the paycheck increases you may or may not see. By getting more money in your paycheck your refund at the end of the year could be less & you could even owe,,,,,,,

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/01/pf/t...law/index.html

Tomorrow, I get paid & I'm dying to see if I brought home any extra.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:28 AM   #15
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

While we're on the topic of Trump...

One of my gripes with him is how hard he is trying to avoid renewable resources (Nevermind the countless ignorant statements he's made about the topic). Regardless of where you stand on global warming, renewables are a very profitable investment right now. As the technology advances, renewables will inevitably overtake non-renewables in terms of cost-effectiveness. Wind energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the United States. That means blue collar jobs. Someone's gotta put the turbines up and maintain them. One of Trump's biggest selling points was jobs, jobs, and more jobs. Why would you ignore one of the easiest places to create jobs right now? Not only that, but China is currently the world leader in terms of developing and implementing renewable energy. If that doesn't light a fire under Trump's ass, I don't know what will. For someone who's such a "respected" business man, he's been making some poor business decisions.

And to answer your question, the sitting president has very little, if anything, to do with the growth or decline of the stock market/economy.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:42 AM   #16
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started Morfz Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
While we're on the topic of Trump...

One of my gripes with him is how hard he is trying to avoid renewable resources (Nevermind the countless ignorant statements he's made about the topic). Regardless of where you stand on global warming, renewables are a very profitable investment right now. As the technology advances, renewables will inevitably overtake non-renewables in terms of cost-effectiveness. Wind energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the United States. That means blue collar jobs. Someone's gotta put the turbines up and maintain them. One of Trump's biggest selling points was jobs, jobs, and more jobs. Why would you ignore one of the easiest places to create jobs right now? Not only that, but China is currently the world leader in terms of developing and implementing renewable energy. If that doesn't light a fire under Trump's ass, I don't know what will. For someone who's such a "respected" business man, he's been making some poor business decisions.

And to answer your question, the sitting president has very little, if anything, to do with the growth or decline of the stock market/economy.
Well said! I agree with everything

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #17
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Quote:
Not to nit pick but it was down quite a bit again today.......

Can you tell me the names of any businesses that have come back to the US since Trump became president?
Ford Trucks are coming back from Mexico and Whirlpool is coming back. There are a bunch of them but those are two that I remember off the top of my head.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #18
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Ford Trucks are coming back from Mexico and Whirlpool is coming back. There are a bunch of them but those are two that I remember off the top of my head.
So they say, but they are not here yet.

The claim (& not necessarily from you) is that a bunch of manufacturing has come back already & I would like to know who.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:38 PM   #19
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Quote:
So they say, but they are not here yet.

The claim (& not necessarily from you) is that a bunch of manufacturing has come back already & I would like to know who.
Whether businesses come back or not is actually not going to be the future issue. The real economic issue is not going to have anything to do with who is the President. We WILL collapse our economy in the near future because the Federal Reserve, being in cahoots with J. P. Morgan Bank,(neither one is part of our government) have been manipulating the Price of precious metals and the financial experts are predicting that the house of cards will come crashing down at some point in 2018. They have been forcing Silver to be held between $15 and $20. When Silver reaches $25 or more, the crash will come and Gold and Silver will go sky high. Some folks are predicting that Physical, in your hand, Silver could go into the thousands of dollars per ounce. The people who will lose their shirts will be the idiots who bought Paper Silver and don't have the Physical Silver in their hot little fists. When our country was formed, the founding Fathers decreed that our money would be Gold and Silver so there would never be Inflation or Deflation. But, Nooooooooo, we had to start printing paper money which can be manipulated. Now we are in the same sinking boat with the rest of the world. Oh, did I forget to mention..... I have been buying Physical Silver and won't have to pay $1000 for a loaf of bread when the crash comes. What makes Silver so valuable is its use in manufacturing and it gets used up so there is less and less of it to go around. Less and less of it is being mined because there is less and less of it being found. I just wish I was rich enough to buy a ton of it before the crash comes.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #20
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

If the US dollar is no longer backed by gold or silver, why would a dramatic increase in price for those metals cause a"crash"?
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote