Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 02-10-2018, 02:41 AM   #81
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Clutching pearls refers to offending a 50's kind of sensibilities (when ladies wore pearl necklaces). Picture a woman clutching her pearl necklace and saying "Oh my!".

Something that would offend in the 50's wouldn't offend today and would just be "pearl clutching".
Oh ok, LOL, dang, wish I was wearing my pearls now! lol
Old 02-10-2018, 02:52 AM   #82
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Now, in the meantime if we could just get rid of Granny Clampett’s twin brother.

Hey, they colorized The Turtle.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #83
phingerboard
Dung Foo Master

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Clutching pearls refers to offending a 50's kind of sensibilities (when ladies wore pearl necklaces). Picture a woman clutching her pearl necklace and saying "Oh my!"..
Actually, it's "Heavens to Betsey!".
Old 02-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #84
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
You can't lay equal blame on the party that doesn't have the majority, and doesn't have the person who can sign, or veto, a bill.
Sure I can, both parties conspired against the American people and got that crap to his desk.
Quote:
Don't disagree, however, Obama dragged us out of the Great Recession. Your guy came into office with the economy riding high.
That my friend is exactly what I am talking about, thank you for your example of blind party loyalty.
Quote:
You're deflecting any responsibility of a sitting president, and apportioning blame on the parties. So, everyone is at fault, excepting your guy.
No, everyone is at fault including you and me. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, we fell asleep at the wheel.
Quote:
Your guy is leading the charge for hate and division.
Not my guy, my guy was a Constitutional Conservative, not a petulant little man child nor the corrupt bitch.

Last edited by Smith357; 02-10-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: trying to remain civil
Smith357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:09 PM   #85
Big John

Big John Just getting started Big John Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Now, in the meantime if we could just get rid of Granny Clampett’s twin brother.
Throw in Little Jimmy Dickens' twin and you got a deal!

Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:00 AM   #86
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

If this is anything like an airshow I'm all about it. Last airshow I saw I was ready to join the military. God damn if seeing cool thangs that go boom zoom around don't make you proud to be an American.

Speaking of which I hope this means they'll bring back the big airshows.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #87
DarthSmall

DarthSmall Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
Throw in Little Jimmy Dickens' twin and you got a deal!

LOL
DarthSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #88
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

I'm pretty sure a lot of y'all have been watching the "Fantasy News Networks"(CNN, MSNBC, CBS). Where in the world are you getting all these fake facts. Our economy is going to collapse and there is no way to stop it. If Trump had not won the election, it would have already collapsed. It will be an absolute miracle if Trump can save us from collapse. When it eventually happens, and it will, all the Liberals who think the Government will take care of them, will get the rudest of awakenings when they are thrown under the bus. The Government is not in the business of seeing to it that YOU survive. The Government is in the business of seeing to it that IT survives.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #89
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
I'm pretty sure a lot of y'all have been watching the "Fantasy News Networks"(CNN, MSNBC, CBS). Where in the world are you getting all these fake facts. Our economy is going to collapse and there is no way to stop it. If Trump had not won the election, it would have already collapsed. It will be an absolute miracle if Trump can save us from collapse. When it eventually happens, and it will, all the Liberals who think the Government will take care of them, will get the rudest of awakenings when they are thrown under the bus. The Government is not in the business of seeing to it that YOU survive. The Government is in the business of seeing to it that IT survives.
You will be just fine in Sleepy Hollow. The real news (Fox) may go off the air after the collapse but you can determine the real news just as well as they can. I'm sure your news gathering is just as good as Steve Deucy.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #90
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
If Trump had not won the election, it would have already collapsed.
Tell me what he did to save the economy from collapsing.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote