Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 02-08-2018, 03:19 AM   #11
PaulF70

PaulF70 Just getting started

I've been doing software development for 25 years now. Outsourcing is pure evil in its motives and results. I've seen it five times now.
PaulF70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:53 PM   #12
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF70 View Post
I've been doing software development for 25 years now. Outsourcing is pure evil in its motives and results. I've seen it five times now.
Yeah, I think that is what was getting me is that our product was ending in crap. Maybe if people who weren't paid shit wanted to invest their time in making something shiny I'd still be cracking that work and serving as head english speaker in charge.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #13
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
I watched a guy playing classic dining room restaurant songs on accordion yesterday. Songs such as Sinatras's New York, New York and Beseme Mucho. He was standing in front of a supermarket with his case open and a big pile of money inside. I gave him a tip too. I love his music. He said that he was from Miami, heading to Orlando, stopping along the way to play and make money. The guy was on tour. Self employed. Suitcase full of money.
Yeah, we have a bunch of fake homeless buskers here - I've done it before. It can be good money, but it really depends on the day. AND GAWD does it get hot as balls down here standing and strumming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Unless you have family obligations such as feeding, clothing, house payment and all that, why get stuck doing something you don't like??

Of course you did the right thing.

I still say you would make a great foot model!
FUCK YOU. *wiggles toes*

I have responsibilities, but I'm pretty confident I can handle them freelancing. If not, there is always the foot fetish club circuit I could explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phingerboard View Post
Jobs suck. Fuck jobs.
I mean, yeah.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #14
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiholly View Post
AND GAWD does it get hot as balls down here standing and strumming.

Be careful. With its high humidity, if you stay in New Orleans for too long you’ll develop gills.

Probably why the regional cuisine is fishing bait

Last edited by Dirt; 02-12-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:59 AM   #15
iiholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Be careful. With its high humidity, if you stay in New Orleans for too long you’ll develop gills.

Probably why the regional cuisine is fishing bait
CRAWDADS ARE DELICIOUS *BLEEP BLOOP*.

The first time I ever had a crawdad a homeless man who was squatting in a house in a mountain community taught us how to catch em and grill in Virginia at Cloud Lake. They do em a lot better down here, you pour nuff zatarans on anything it tastes GOLDEN.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:03 AM   #16
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

hi Holly. sorry to hear about your job. are you staying in New Orleans ? or heading out for greener pastures ? good to see around here again.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #17
iiholly

It's good, I already got better paying work. It was probably time to move on and up. I really have to raise my hourly rate to justify freelancing, and it is going good so far. We'll see what shitstorm comes my way.

Yeah, I'm probably in New Orleans for another 2-3 years at least. I'm doing time with completing a higher education degree, so eff. I do love it here though, so I'm not too put out about it. Besides I'm so busy at this point I hardly would notice where I lived - at least that is what I'm claiming till I get mugged/shot.

Good to be back!
Old 02-12-2018, 03:38 AM   #18
TheScholar
Bluegrass Musician

TheScholar Just getting started

It takes a lot of guts to quit your job when you don't have another one lined up.
TheScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:41 AM   #19
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiholly View Post
It's good, I already got better paying work. It was probably time to move on and up. I really have to raise my hourly rate to justify freelancing, and it is going good so far. We'll see what shitstorm comes my way.

Yeah, I'm probably in New Orleans for another 2-3 years at least. I'm doing time with completing a higher education degree, so eff. I do love it here though, so I'm not too put out about it. Besides I'm so busy at this point I hardly would notice where I lived - at least that is what I'm claiming till I get mugged/shot.

Good to be back!
I'm planning to move back to Baton Rouge this coming April. I'll be transferring my Home Depot job down there to have something to do.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #20
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

It's getting close to Mardi Gras. What is happening in New Orleans now?
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote