Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 01-27-2018, 11:37 PM   #11
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Wrong forum. That's supposed to go in the Show Your Mug forum.
If someone broke into your house to kill you and you had a choice, no gun or a gun that only fired 30 percent of the time, would you use it????

This should be good.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:02 AM   #12
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Done View Post
I'm guessing that you have the same virus that went through Oz last winter. I think it has been called "Australian" flu, which is really fair, since it didn't originate here, we just happened to cop it before you. I had the vaccination, but they got it wrong and we had some deaths here. A friend of ours was rushed to hospital with pneumonia resulting from flu.

Hmm. I would like to see a credible reference to a vaccination "challenge" making your immune system "tired'. I would have thought that the opposite is a far greater danger. - If your immune system isn't challenged, it gets lazy. This could account at least in part for all the immune system problems we see these days.
I dunno, things can compromise the immune system, like lack of sleep, or a ton of physical work, I wouldn't doubt that a virus can compromise it. And the vaccine is a 'dead virus'(s), that make your immune system deal with it.

I found this,

Story at-a-glance

New research in the Journal of Virology found that the seasonal flu vaccine may weaken children’s immune systems and potentially increase their chances of catching other influenza viruses
Children who did not receive a flu shot naturally built up <i>more antibodies across a wider variety of influenza strains</i> compared to vaccinated children
There are many unanswered questions about whether or not the flu shot is safe and effective as more studies are published showing it is neither
It is primarily the state of your health and immune system that determines whether or not you will get sick from being exposed to viral or bacterial organisms associated with infectious diseases like the flu. While healthy lifestyle choices will boost your immunity, vaccinations can be immune-suppressing

But, I really don't care what experts say, it happened ot me, my wife and my mother in law, all a few weeks after a flu shot. So any research that says it doesn't happen, can bite me, as I know they be wrongo!
Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 AM   #13
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
I don't get them anymore. The worst case of the flu I ever had, was a couple weeks after a flu shot. What I read, was that the flu shot doesn't give you the flu, but your body while adapting to the shot, has it's immune system on full swing, it 'thinks' you have the flu so it's building antibodies and such, since this compromises your immune system, if you do come into contact with a different strain during that time, you can a much higher chance of getting it since your immune system is all 'worn down' from adapting to the flu shot. Not sure if that's true, but it makes sense.
Not sure I think that theory came from a paper. But another study disputed it.
Dont forget the hope is if the bodies immune system is worn down. its because its been making anti bodies to particular strains of flu. Hopefully the ones you come into contact with. Even if the strain match is good. its effectiveness can vary depending on the age and health of the person being vaccinated. Ranges go from 0 40% 60% Clearly its not good enough. Possibly better than nothing. Though not always
Universal flu jab needs developing and yes I had mine
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:24 AM   #14
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I went to the store today and they were all sold out of cough medicines.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:52 AM   #15
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Not sure I think that theory came from a paper. But another study disputed it.
Dont forget the hope is if the bodies immune system is worn down. its because its been making anti bodies to particular strains of flu. Hopefully the ones you come into contact with. Even if the strain match is good. its effectiveness can vary depending on the age and health of the person being vaccinated. Ranges go from 0 40% 60% Clearly its not good enough. Possibly better than nothing. Though not always
Universal flu jab needs developing and yes I had mine
Yeah, if ya read studies you can find 10 one way, and 10 that counter it They don't know what they are talking about! lol
I seen the pattern with me and relatives, then the info. on how by the time we 'see' the flu, it's mutated 99 times so the shot 'might' be too far off to help. Man, 6 to one, 1/2 dozen to the other!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #16
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
If someone broke into your house to kill you and you had a choice, no gun or a gun that only fired 30 percent of the time, would you use it????

This should be good.
No. Because I wouldn't be using something as a weapon with a 70% failure rate. IF I happened to have the gun in my hand (but, why would I?) I'd fire it and hope the 30% was in play for me. If that person was in reaching distance, I'd go hand to hand. If they were out of range, I really have nothing to lose by trying the gun.

For 50 million dollars, would you play Russian roulette with a six shooter? You have almost an 85% chance of NOT shooting yourself in the head.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #17
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

I think a lot of frail people are using something with 40 % 70 % 100 % failure rate, because they have no choice. Vaccines can work. Other wise many of the illnesses we no longer see would be rife. Its just for various reasons the Flu shot isn't as good period, unpredictable from person to person. Yes we need universal flu jab. will I still take this inadequate flu shot until then ? yes. but then flu will likely kill me. so science and the law of averages suggests its better than nothing. But again not always. No extra protection is worse in my book. others will have to take there chances in there own way good luck
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:08 PM   #18
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

People who think they are getting the flu from a vaccine are just having a stronger immune response to the antigen. Some people have no response, some people get very sick. How people react & respond & whether they are "immune" to the flu following a vaccine also depends on the vaccine type (live, attenuated, killed). It's also not an exact science, a lot of predicting & guesswork.

The media is having a field day & really panic-ing a lot of people. Just the other day the news anchor said 3000+ flu deaths in Florida in January alone.........sorry but this is fake news.....

Another 4-6 weeks & flue season will hopefully be over !!! Hope you all stay well !!!
Old 01-28-2018, 08:37 PM   #19
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
I dunno, things can compromise the immune system, like lack of sleep, or a ton of physical work, I wouldn't doubt that a virus can compromise it. And the vaccine is a 'dead virus'(s), that make your immune system deal with it.

I found this,

Story at-a-glance

New research in the Journal of Virology found that the seasonal flu vaccine may weaken children’s immune systems and potentially increase their chances of catching other influenza viruses
Children who did not receive a flu shot naturally built up <i>more antibodies across a wider variety of influenza strains</i> compared to vaccinated children
There are many unanswered questions about whether or not the flu shot is safe and effective as more studies are published showing it is neither
It is primarily the state of your health and immune system that determines whether or not you will get sick from being exposed to viral or bacterial organisms associated with infectious diseases like the flu. While healthy lifestyle choices will boost your immunity, vaccinations can be immune-suppressing

But, I really don't care what experts say, it happened ot me, my wife and my mother in law, all a few weeks after a flu shot. So any research that says it doesn't happen, can bite me, as I know they be wrongo!
Folks do catch the flu after being vaccinated, if the strain is not covered by the vaccine - this is what happened in Oz.

I'm going with the mainstream view on this, because a huge amount of damage can be done by kids not being vaccinated against common childhood diseases.

Quote:
How does a vaccine affect the immune system?

Also, vaccines do not make a child sick with the disease, and they do not weaken the immune system. Vaccines introduce a killed/disabled antigen into the body so the immune system can produce antibodies against it and create immunity to the disease.

Common Vaccine Misperceptions and Concerns Explained

https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention...erceptions.htm
Tony Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:33 AM   #20
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

At work today we got the low down on the flu from our infectious disease doctor. He says, & this all comes from the CDC I'm guessing) that we will start to see a lul in flu cases but then it will pick up again in a few weeks.

He also said Hawaii has not been hit as hard as the rest of the US. Good news for you, Parralax!

I just stumbled across this by accident, I have no idea if it's a reputable site or if there is any truth to it but read it,,,eek !!!
http://www.theneonnettle.com/news/36...-flu-outbreak-

Last edited by AlyKat; 02-01-2018 at 02:41 AM.
AlyKat is offline   Reply With Quote