Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 01-24-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child
Default Congressman Mike Rogers Introduces Bill To Remove US From United Nations

So with everyone being bored here is a link that should get some opinions. The title says what the link pertains too. I guess he did this last year but got no support but with a new sheriff in town who has talked about this very thing I guess he is hoping to fare better.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...-u-s-out-of-un

The above link is over a year old, here is more current one.

https://www.rt.com/usa/374754-us-lea...-nations-bill/

Last edited by Cobalt; 01-25-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Well if we are eventually out, they should turn those grounds into shelters and a place for Americans down on their luck. In the end, our attendance or participation is very watered down in this era. The whole block of the UN is anti American, until they can get here and live in a nice townhouse...
Old 01-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Unless we support Agenda 21, I don't see the point anyway.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

My crazy old neighbor guy told me many times the UN was going to come & get his guns. He'd probably be all for withdrawing, lol.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
thais889
Guitar Enthusiast

thais889 Just getting started

Not a fan of the UN, lost total faith when I saw the smuggled out videos from North Korea of the North Korean Soldiers selling UN rice to the people with the UN Logo/Packaging.

The UN disproportionately attacks Israel...roughly half of its Resolutions are against Israel and over 30% of it's special sessions are attacking Israel.

Meanwhile, gays are killed in many Muslim Countries just for who they are, Hamas and the Palestinian authority fire rockets into Israel and teach children how to kill Jews, Iran calls for the annihilation to Israel while developing nuclear technology, the People of Syria are torn apart by their own Government and ISIS, speaking of ISIS look at what they've accomplished in the Middle East, the people of North Korea are still starving while their leader gets as fat as a hog and threatens to nuke South Korea or Japan or the USA, the people of Sudan (particularly women) are tortured and brutally murdered, the people of Venezuela and Zimbabwe are under extreme hyper inflation with little to no food, etc.

Think of it...more sanctions against Israel than North Korea and Syria combined. And to those who call for Israel to go back to the pre-67 War Borders, there would be no "Palestinian State" because the Gaza Strip had been annexed by Egypt and the West Bank had been annexed by the Kingdom of Jordan. The Arabs living in the land of Palestine still have never recognized Israel's right to exist and back in the late 40's they rejected the UN Peace Deal...which is why there is a Nation of Israel and not a Nation of Palestine (also why Egypt and Jordan annexed the Gaza Strip and West Bank.)

It is time to leave the UN and let it pay for itself.
thais889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
Smedley Fingers

Smedley Fingers Just getting started Smedley Fingers Just getting started

The UN did a wonderful job of setting the stage for the genocide in Rowanda.

The UN's only purpose is to give it's blessing to wars. It's a war making institution, which is the exact opposite of what it claims to be.

Shut it down.
Smedley Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
thais889
Guitar Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Fingers View Post
The UN did a wonderful job of setting the stage for the genocide in Rowanda.

The UN's only purpose is to give it's blessing to wars. It's a war making institution, which is the exact opposite of what it claims to be.

Shut it down.
Yup...just like the League of Nations failure to prevent another World War...really caused it.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #8
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

As Slim pointed out to me that link is a year old. I must have gotten the wrong one but the story is the same. It was done over a year ago and the same Congressman is introducing the bill again. Just wanted to correct that. Here is a more current link.

Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #9
thais889
Guitar Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
As Slim pointed out to me that link is a year old. I must have gotten the wrong one but the story is the same. It was done over a year ago and the same Congressman is introducing the bill again. Just wanted to correct that. Here is a more current link.

Good corrrection, I thought I remember seeing something with Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham but then thought that was just defunding the US contributions.

Thanks for the updated info!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:01 PM   #10
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Oh sure, drag me into this.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote