Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 05-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #21
jgln

jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
10!?!?! I'm sure his go to 11!

It's about one of the most ridiculous stage setups I've ever seen. Stacks of speaker cabs make sense, but random stacks of amp heads and cabs...it's like they didn't even care. It looks like an overstock sale or something .
I can't imagine how loud that would IF he did have them all on and turned up. I don't think a human could survive. Remember the show "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" where the band played on a different planet from the audience or something because they were so loud?
jgln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #22
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgln View Post
I can't imagine how loud that would IF he did have them all on and turned up. I don't think a human could survive. Remember the show "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" where the band played on a different planet from the audience or something because they were so loud?
I sure do...Disaster Area. Hotblack Desiato was the keytar player. Yup, they remotely controlled the instruments!

Hotblack was dead for a year...for tax reasons.

Hitchhikers Guide is a great series of books.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #23
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops Keith still butchers Stairway to Heaven in music shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
This is from a Malmsteen concert around here just a few days ago. They aren't even trying to pretend that this stuff is hooked up...there are way more heads than speaker cabinets!!

Nothing has changed, lol. I saw Malmsteen at Rock And Roll Heaven in Toronto back in the mid 80's.

Almost the same size stage but with the same walls of Marshall cabs and amps. Only 2 heads were lit.

Back to the original question, I have always focused on the gear and guitars a little more than the music. I don't know why I do it.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:12 AM   #24
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

It seems a pretty natural thing to do. You play guitar, you're interested in what others play, especially on TV. Now, if only I could have Glen Campbell's Tiesco t-60 I would be happy.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:11 AM   #25
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

I do it all the time. The one's that blow me away, are the ones that make a million dollars a year and are playing an old Gibson Melody Maker with one pickup or an old Danelectro with lipstick tube pickups because they think those old pieces of crap are great guitars. I'm screaming at the TV, "Get a real guitar, you idiot". I've even seen some of them play the exact same old two pickup KAY solidbody with the metal parallelagram pickguard that I had. It was a piece of junk then, and its still a piece of junk today.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote