Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 10-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow
Default The nerve of some folks...

So, we have a fairly large weekly gathering of the local Celtic community at a private Irish pub. Folks come from all over the island to participate. One group works on Irish dance while I teach music to a group of guitar players. We eat, and when the dancers come in after class, we have a Celtic music session that goes on into the night. We've been trying to find a fiddler to attend for a while, as the fiddle player in my band has no interest in making the two hour drive each way. We recently heard of a fiddle player in the closest town, which is 20 minutes away. I reached out to her yesterday, and she actually asked me if we could move our weekly gathering into her town because she doesn't want to make the 20 minute drive.

Some people...
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

She isn't going to work out.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

I agree with Hi Hat & I could write a book on nervy nuts !
Old 10-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #4
Big John

Big John Just getting started

People. They're the worst. I coach youth sports (volunteer, mind you) and have received similar requests from individual parents to move the day/time/location of practice to accommodate their schedule. I often respond with, "This is a great suggestion. Thank you! I will look into this closely and get back to you soon."
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 AM   #5
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
People. They're the worst.
Was that an intentional or accidental Seinfeld quote? lol
Old 10-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #6
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
People. They're the worst. I coach youth sports (volunteer, mind you) and have received similar requests from individual parents to move the day/time/location of practice to accommodate their schedule. I often respond with, "This is a great suggestion. Thank you! I will look into this closely and get back to you soon."
I've helped with youth sports (mainly football) and parents are the worst. They all think their child is the second coming of Barry Sanders or Tom Brady and can't handle the fact that their kid just might, y'know, not be cut out for this whole "athletics" thing.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
She isn't going to work out.
Kind of like carrying around a bunch of rocks in a backpack. She will just drag everyone down. Or she is wonderful and you folk should just do as she asks.

Last edited by Sixstringplayer; 10-12-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #8
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
So, we have a fairly large weekly gathering of the local Celtic community at a private Irish pub. Folks come from all over the island to participate. One group works on Irish dance while I teach music to a group of guitar players. We eat, and when the dancers come in after class, we have a Celtic music session that goes on into the night. We've been trying to find a fiddler to attend for a while, as the fiddle player in my band has no interest in making the two hour drive each way. We recently heard of a fiddle player in the closest town, which is 20 minutes away. I reached out to her yesterday, and she actually asked me if we could move our weekly gathering into her town because she doesn't want to make the 20 minute drive.

Some people...
So when are you moving the weekly gathering?

BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #9
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Weekly gathering?... Sound like a religious sect.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote