Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > Skills > Technique, Style, & Genre

Old 08-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #271
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I've kinda OD'ed on my Bossa Nova kick, learned about 10 songs, learned how to use the intricate chords by playing mostly the bass three strings and it's time to move on.

I'm now on a Los Straightjackets kick. I'm learning to play "Pacifica" really smoothly, quiet simple actually, but the feel of Eddie Angel is a bit harder than I thought. SO off goes the delay, out comes the Fender amp, and up goes the reverb!!... I really dig these guys.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #272
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Yesterday, I tried playing "5 over 4" a la Eric Johnson- that's 5 notes over one beat in 4/4 time.

I never did get to learning Govan's Emotive Ballad; I'm still working on my enthusiasm.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #273
Tommcat
heavy jazzy smooth

Tommcat Just getting started

My free impro over famous John Mayer's Gravity

50 Shades of Guitar - The Blog
Tommcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 PM   #274
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Learned a new trick last night, just beginning to try it out. Strat only it seems... Turn the middle tone knob all the way down until your 5 position is basically mud. Then if you are soloing, use the 5 way as a wah rocker, damn if it doesn't work but takes practice.

If you know how to wah, just imagine the 5 way as the rocker.. It's very cool and I must try it sometime with others.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #275
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post
Learned a new trick last night, just beginning to try it out. Strat only it seems... Turn the middle tone knob all the way down until your 5 position is basically mud. Then if you are soloing, use the 5 way as a wah rocker, damn if it doesn't work but takes practice.

If you know how to wah, just imagine the 5 way as the rocker.. It's very cool and I must try it sometime with others.
I thought using the tone knob was the best way of emulating a wah, since that's what a wah basically is.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #276
Parralax view

I would have thought so too, but once mastered, it's much easier and faster than wrapping a finger around the knob. I'm going to keep at it cause I've never ever cared for wah, but his trick would be a great stage trick.