Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Introduce Yourself

Old 01-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
arctic_fox
Pre-Beginner Guitarist

arctic_fox Just getting started
Default I Suppose I'll Introduce Myself... I Guess.

Hi,

I love music and I want to be able to learn guitar but I struggle to keep myself motivated and I thought that maybe if I try introducing myself here and stuff, I might find some support and encouragement or something... but I'm not counting on it.

I like being creative, and I do sorta make music (if that's what you want to call it) with a kind of MIDI synthesizer program thing. I don't understand music theory, I just make what I think sounds good to me.
I especially like to make melodies rather than harmonic sounds, so maybe that's why I struggle with guitar 'cos it's main purpose is playing chords.

I'm not that great at social situations. I'm definitely not as bad as I was before though. I think that as I've gotten older, I've become less self-conscious about myself. I'm still extremely shy and quiet, but I'm a bit more accepting of that now.
So in other words, I don't have guitar lessons and I don't know anyone who can play guitar to learn from.

I like to play video games - mainly console games - especially adventure, platforming and free-roaming games, but I'll play any genre if it has an interesting story.

I suppose some important details about me might be that I'm a girl somewhere between the ages of 17-22 years old and I like chocolate.

Um yeah, that's about all I can think of.

Uuugh, is that enough about me? This whole "introducing yourself" thing is so awkward...
arctic_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

No worries!! You can be 'yourself' here, whatever that happens to be!!

Welcome in!!
Old 01-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Yes, welcome!
Video games and chocolate, see that sounds like a good normal set of likes to me
Old 01-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #4
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Welcome in artic_fox. One good thing about a forum is that if you are shy and quiet, you can contribute to a thread when you are ready. Guitar is a great instrument to learn and can be very relaxing. The guitar's main purpose isn't just for chords, its for making beautiful music. While you are learning to play guitar I would strongly suggest learning theory. I think theory is very interesting. The most important thing is having fun while you are learning guitar.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Welcome We all have to start somewhere. Mostly a state of mind getting going. If you think you can't you wont, if you think you can, it will get better.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:25 AM   #6
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

welcome to the forum.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:26 AM   #7
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Sup! Welcome! I don't know much about theory either!
littlebadboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #8
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to get info. There are newbies and oldies, amateurs and pros, and everything in between. Playing guitar is the only place you're allowed to steal and its OK. Take everything you learn and put it in a pile because its all going to be useful info at some point.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #9
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started Morfz Just getting started

Feel welcome!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #10
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Hi arctic_fox. It's good to have a talent for melodies. I wish I was better at melody.

Last edited by Hi Hat; 01-21-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: speling errorz
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote