Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Introduce Yourself

Old 01-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #11
Made4Christ

Made4Christ Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Hell I haven't had it since I started but I don't care, relaxation doesn't care if it sounds good or not.....
Interesting...
Made4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #12
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I don't know what "it" is but I'm sure I don't have it. Learning guitar is hard for me. I don't have great natural eye-hand coordination and I didn't start until I was 50.

What I do have is a willingness to put in the work day after day to get better. I enjoy learning and I enjoy playing and that's all I really need.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:05 PM   #13
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
I don't know what "it" is but I'm sure I don't have it. Learning guitar is hard for me. I don't have great natural eye-hand coordination and I didn't start until I was 50.

What I do have is a willingness to put in the work day after day to get better. I enjoy learning and I enjoy playing and that's all I really need.
" It" for almost all of us, is a matter of work in results out.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #14
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
" It" for almost all of us, is a matter of work in results out.
Yup. That's what I hear from everyone that's good at something.

Talent is mostly the product of focused effort.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #15
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made4Christ View Post
Hi, well seeing as how I keep buying guitars and then feeling completely discouraged because I can't make the thing sound like the youtube videos, I sell them and give up, I'm considering that maybe you either have it or you don't.
But I've just purchased another acoustic from American Musical and I'm ready to give it another try. The only thing that might detour me from learning is if the Lord God said that guitar is not my thing. So have I come to the right place?
If only the Lord God would say that guitar is your thing then you would be happy with whatever results you were getting, right?

Probably the only thing you need to change is trying to sound like someone else. Welcome to the forum!
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #16
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Each of us has a certain amount of talent. I've been playing and studying for over 50 years. I'm only going to get as good as my talent and desire allow me. After all that time, I can put something on you that you can't wash off, but then 5 minutes later some 18 year old will come along and put something on me that I have take shots to get rid of. Just focus on what it is about guitar that you like, get as good at it as you can, and accept your place on the guitar community. You can practice and study forever and not learn it all.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #17
JaxJaxon

JaxJaxon Just getting started

have you tried using a different type of string to get the sound you want like Nickel or crome,and here is a song I can teahe anyone to play using only one finger Bar the A at the Nut move it up to 4th fret then 6th fret then 7th fret ,next 7thfrett to 9th to 11th then 12th its a country western song,i tell people that don't play they can leanr this song with out any talent just need some timeing
JaxJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:09 AM   #18
Made4Christ

Made4Christ Just getting started

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad more players out there feel the way I do about "it" and success when it comes to guitar!
Made4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:36 AM   #19
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Welcome to the forum.

Have you been playing acoustics, electrics or both?

I've got the musicality of a turnip, or possibly a cabbage, but through sheer persistence with technique I have become a passable guitarist. You don't need talent to play the guitar well enough to be satisfying, you need practice. - And a setup!! The journey is much more important than the destination.
Tony Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:51 AM   #20
Gene61

Gene61 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Hell I haven't had it since I started but I don't care, relaxation doesn't care if it sounds good or not.....
And Im not even good enough to practice.....
Gene61 is offline   Reply With Quote