Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 02-07-2018, 01:00 AM   #11
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
So does the new plate go over the old one, or you remove the old one?

If you removed the old one, I suspect a Blues Jr plate going up on ebay soon.
You don't remove anything. This piece is an "angle bracket?" that is like, two long 1/2 " pieces joined at 90 degrees with the top side black with white labeling. It fits just at the back edge of the amp. To be clear, it's actually just one piece of metal.

The back cover, covers the back portion so only the top shows. It just covers the old white lettering. The white numbering around each control is still there and it is still upside down.

You have to loosen some of those screws and take out all the screws for the back cover just so that you can position this plate. Then you tighten some screws and then replace the back cover and put those screws back in.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:33 AM   #12
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
You don't remove anything. This piece is an "angle bracket?" that is like, two long 1/2 " pieces joined at 90 degrees with the top side black with white labeling. It fits just at the back edge of the amp. To be clear, it's actually just one piece of metal.

The back cover, covers the back portion so only the top shows. It just covers the old white lettering. The white numbering around each control is still there and it is still upside down.

You have to loosen some of those screws and take out all the screws for the back cover just so that you can position this plate. Then you tighten some screws and then replace the back cover and put those screws back in.
So it only covers the lettering, and not the entire "plate?"

Pics please.

Now that I think of it, a strip of masking tape would do. I just may do that. Put masking tape on the front of the amp.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:48 AM   #13
Seattle

Quote:
So it only covers the lettering, and not the entire "plate?"

Pics please.

Now that I think of it, a strip of masking tape would do. I just may do that. Put masking tape on the front of the amp.
This is a picture from the listing...

The black overlay (metal) is all that is added. There is an equal size piece of metal going down the back and covered by the back plate. It really it is tidy solution.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #14
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Looks way better. I still prefer controls on the face of the amp.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:04 AM   #15
Seattle

Quote:
Looks way better. I still prefer controls on the face of the amp.
Yes, that would be even better. The new Blues Junior amps look good with a black plate and white lettering all facing the front and with white knobs.

They keep changing the rest too much I hear. They played around with the reverb first and now I hear they changed the "voicing" of the amp so that it's more "modern" but less clean.

I'm OK with it the way it was but I'm not that into amps. I could describe my perfect amp but I'm not going to go chasing all around trying to get it. A few guitars, one decent amp (and practice amp) and a couple of pedals (that I rarely use) and I'm good.

When I first got it I did all the "must have" things. I changed the speaker to a Weber "Blue Dog" and I replaced the tubes with "JJ" tubes.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:58 AM   #16
Silimtao
Baaand

I must have 5-6 amps, at least half of them tube. I think I found the perfect amp- the Katana 50. Loud as you could possibly want, and it replicates all my other amps. It takes pedals well. I only have a compressor, and the Mojo mojo OD ($40 pedal) in front of it, if at all. <$200.

Sell the Jr, and you'll have moved on to the Free Amps stage. If I could sell my BD, I would. I still have my Jet City, and will keep that. I use my THR as stereo speakers for my laptop now. At one time, I thought the THR was the best SS amp ever. The Kat, just kills it.

And I have the Amplifi TT- there's no sound I can't get now. Far as amps/amp sounds, I have it all covered. Your PRS Santana would sound awesome through the Kat.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:26 AM   #17
Seattle

I have no need to sell the Blues Jr. It sounds great. I also have a Micro Cube. I'm set.