Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 01-28-2018, 03:34 AM   #1
Theguitarguy

Theguitarguy Just getting started
Default Best amp for acoustic.

What is the best amp for an acoustic guitar? I'll be using an lr baggs pickup and a $3000 custom guitar so all of the other equipment is high-end. I am looking for the cleanest sounding, most natural acoutist sounding amp.
Theguitarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:51 AM   #2
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

I'm sure there will be some disagreement, but I like the Fender "Acoustisonic". Not the little whimpy one's but the one's that have a decent amount of power. What I liked was the clarity and the fullness of tone.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:29 PM   #3
Lefty Louie
Banned

Lefty Louie Just getting started

I went shopping for an acoustic amp not more then a few months ago. I loved an old Create amp, it was a 125 something, heavy as a car so I didn't take it (used) I wound up passing on the Marshal and Fender names and went with a Fishman loudbox500. It sounds great and does all I need this amp to do.
Lefty Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I have Two, a fender Acoustisonic jr. (Underwhelming) and a Roland AC-33, killer. The Roland as you would expect is $$. It has a built in looper, mic input, separate channels for each and is portable and battery capable., but again as anything Roland, $$.

If I were to do it again, Fishman loudbox would be it instead.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Cool My Acoustic Guitar Amp / Personal Monitor / Portable FRFR P.A.

I'm really happy and satisfied with my Mackie FreePlay . I got the package pictured below , it covers my specific needs .

This beast is loud and clear , it is a FRFR state of the art amp/pre amp with 0.05 THD , of course what is coming out
of speaker's is another story distortion wise , even the very best have 5% most times and that is a shocker to many who don't know .

It's got a great FX engine with 3 channels that can have different ones selected . 3 inputs 1 out :
  • XLR/TRS X 2 IN
  • TRS X 1 Out
  • 8" Full range driver X 1 gets 75 watts RMS summed to mono
  • Super Tweeters X 2 each get 35 watts RMS in stereo
  • 150 watts RMS total combined output
  • 10 hour lithium ion rechargeable battery
  • Bluetooth or
  • Aux stereo in
  • Smartphone controllable
  • Water resistant shoulder carry gig bag that can be left on the unit while on or off the pole while you play
  • Totally off the grid portable or A.C.
My acoustic electric steel string dread , 000 acoustic electric spanish nylon really sound super through this unit .

To get a great sound out of a synthesizer ( I use a Roland GR33 guitar synth module ) you need a FRFR sound system .
This Mackie delivers for that as well as my T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 X . Electric guitar sounds , vocal sounds w/FX come
through really well .

As a stand alone acoustic guitar amp this is a real competitor no doubt about it . Blues harps , 000 mic'd resonator &
soprano ukulele all sound good and with the kick stand/pole mount adapter it can sit @ 45 degrees or lay flat if you
leave the original battery compartment cover on .

For a solo performances or personal monitor when playing with others when a P.A. is used you have both a personal monitor
and a line out with your own dialed in FX sent to the front of house P.A. On the pole you can use it like a

[ HOT SPOT ]

personal monitor , I have used those types of personal monitors for years .

Live busking is one of the most valuable assets it has . Needs no power source with the rechargeable battery and is
very loud and very clear . It's rugged and looks great to me to some it's fugly .

EZ :

HR

It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Thumbs up Fishman Loudbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post

If I were to do it again, Fishman would be it instead.
The Fishman was my second choice . I would be happy with one .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote