Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJFQTWmqqc

Listen to the whole thing.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #12
Mikecollins4

Mikecollins4 Just getting started

I watched a few Phil x videos don't know how I missed this. Literally been on YouTube moths watching lol... Guess can't beat video like this. I really dig it now
Mikecollins4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #13
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

If you've been playing for a long time, the question isn't should I buy a Jazz Box, it's why haven't you already bought one? If I wanted to cover all genres, I'd get an ES330 with P90's so I could do it all without having that 2X4 down the middle of the body and not have the really thick body.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #14
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecollins4 View Post
Think I'm gonna go for it. If it's not all I dreamed it be guess I can trade in or something. I wont ever be happy till I personally play one i guess
first : welcome to the forum.

second : get a 175. if you don't, you'll always wonder what it's like to play one. it's your life. do what you want to do.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #15
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

You mentioned Ted Nugent in your list. When he played with the Amboy Dukes, I think he played an ES-175. And he got a pretty aggressive sound out of it. If that's the guitar that makes you want to play, then definitely get it!
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #16
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Well Ted Nugent used that Wildcat guitar and It is a hollow body type guitar. Malcolm from ACDC used that Gretsch that was a hollow body.

You are going to need both type guitars, the ES 175 and the solid body Les Paul Standard. You'll also need the Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster and maybe a Wolfgang. They are all great rocking guitars.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #17
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I've got a similarly styled Jay Turser JT 134, which is basically a 175 knockoff. It's hollow with a center block, but I've had that thing loud, I mean, loud with no issues with feedback, as long as I stay half a cords distance from the amp. I would get it because it's what you want and your friends are just interjecting their preferences with no actual intent to give you the money to get what you want....;-)