Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 01-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #11
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I usually don't have noise free tracks...this was the exception.

Usually you hear sneakers clunking around in the drier or the dog clomping up & down the hallway. One time I sent Squid a track & you could hear crickets & frogs & all the outside noises since I had the window open, lol.

I tried to enunciate the words very clearly but they are still kinda hard to understand, wonder why. I did create a shield (3 sided lean to ) with pillows & couch cushions so I would not sound so men's room-ish.
Reverbie ( is that a word says no here) sounds can do that to vocals I think Aly not sure though.
Can hear the vocals cutting through my end on skull candys I thought. Great Job Aly. Nice mood through the song. I thought the reverbie sound. during the chorus particularly worked. Not sure if its rains reverb. Or if you was using any too.
But it blends

The synth blends perfectly with the guitar. I like the single picking notes on the rhythm guitar, less is more if you know what I mean. Its something I think your trying to develop more as time goes on from what I am hearing. I assume your playing the bass Rain. Was focusing my attention on that at some points. Again your playing just enough to follow the rhythm Minimalist I think is the word.

But it works, as it creates space around the music. Rather than filling in all the gaps. Just put some 9s on the Kelly. Love 10s but its been getting too difficult to play. Time to experiment. Always worth doing with a relatively new guitar. You guys are inspiring Me.
old geezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #12
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Reverbie ( is that a word says no here) sounds can do that to vocals I think Aly not sure though.
Can hear the vocals cutting through my end on skull candys I thought. Great Job Aly. Nice mood through the song. I thought the reverbie sound. during the chorus particularly worked. Not sure if its rains reverb. Or if you was using any too.
But it blends

The synth blends perfectly with the guitar. I like the single picking notes on the rhythm guitar, less is more if you know what I mean. Its something I think your trying to develop more as time goes on from what I am hearing. I assume your playing the bass Rain. Was focusing my attention on that at some points. Again your playing just enough to follow the rhythm Minimalist I think is the word.

But it works, as it creates space around the music. Rather than filling in all the gaps. Just put some 9s on the Kelly. Love 10s but its been getting too difficult to play. Time to experiment. Always worth doing with a relatively new guitar. You guys are inspiring Me.
The chorus was 2 tracks, me singing each one, just to give it some oomph.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:25 PM   #13
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
The chorus was 2 tracks, me singing each one, just to give it some oomph.
Think that is what I am hearing it lifts it. Which is exactly what a chorus should do isn't it. it works Aly. Good choice
old geezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #14
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out

Quote:
I usually don't have noise free tracks...this was the exception.

Usually you hear sneakers clunking around in the drier or the dog clomping up & down the hallway. One time I sent Squid a track & you could hear crickets & frogs & all the outside noises since I had the window open, lol.

I tried to enunciate the words very clearly but they are still kinda hard to understand, wonder why. I did create a shield (3 sided lean to ) with pillows & couch cushions so I would not sound so men's room-ish.
I remember that! You couldn't hear it in the mix, but when listening to the track in isolation, it was clear as day. Made me laugh!! How pastoral .

This track is awesome...sounds great you guys!! I thought the lead guitar and the vocal melody complemented eachother really well.

I don't know how she does it...I'm always futzing around with my tracks to get them just right...her's just drop right on into the mix, piece of cake!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #15
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
I remember that! You couldn't hear it in the mix, but when listening to the track in isolation, it was clear as day. Made me laugh!! How pastoral .

This track is awesome...sounds great you guys!! I thought the lead guitar and the vocal melody complemented eachother really well.

I don't know how she does it...I'm always futzing around with my tracks to get them just right...her's just drop right on into the mix, piece of cake!
Thanks mate. Aly has that vocal talent for sure, all hail the colab queen
Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 AM   #16
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDancer View Post
Thanks mate. Aly has that vocal talent for sure, all hail the colab queen
Thanks Rain & all the rest of you!

I was feeling a little low a couple weeks ago when I tried to join a trio & was basically told I couldn't play or sing.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:09 AM   #17
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Nicely put together! Great work!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote