Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 08-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
zanshin777

zanshin777 Just getting started
Default Do I need 2 Loopers pedal?

Do I need two different looper pedals to assign those pedals like on the stickers on the looper pedal? One for the pedals in front of the amp and another one for the pedals on FX Loop.

Decimator works for both in front of the amp and fx loop.

In Front of The Amp :
TC Electronic Poly Tune
EHX Pitchfork Octave
MXR Classic 108 Fuzz
BOSS Blues Driver
BOSS GE-7 EQ (as booster)
MOOG MF Trem

FX Loop
BOSS DD-7 Delay
TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb
MXR Phase 90
MXR Stereo Chorus

Last edited by zanshin777; 08-10-2017 at 06:16 PM.
zanshin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
Revenge of the Naked Ape
Tinnitus Merit Badge

Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools

I can't see the image (blocked at work) so with that in mind...

Based on what I can see and most non-super-expensive/custom switching options that I'm aware of, yes.

That being said, why do you want/think you need a switching looper?

We Remember.

Hellbox Effects

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX
Revenge of the Naked Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
zanshin777

Two reasons

1) With one switch I can turn on/off two pedals like a) Overdrive pedal and boost pedal b) Fuzz pedal and octave pedal c) delay and reverb

2) to be able to reach the pedals on the second line easier.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #4
Revenge of the Naked Ape
Tinnitus Merit Badge

Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanshin777 View Post
Two reasons

1) With one switch I can turn on/off two pedals like a) Overdrive pedal and boost pedal b) Fuzz pedal and octave pedal c) delay and reverb

2) to be able to reach the pedals on the second line easier.
Gotcha, this is pretty similar to why I use one.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't think the handful of buffered bypass effects there were murdering your signal or something.

You may want to look into the BOSS MS-3 to see if it can be configured the way you'd like; I've been hearing good things about it from people who have one. Otherwise you're probably looking at two loopers, like a Bradshaw system ($$$$!) or getting one custom built ($$$).

We Remember.

Hellbox Effects

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX
Revenge of the Naked Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #5
zanshin777

Formerly I'd checked BOSS ES-8. But I ignored it for its size and price.

I didn't see this one. I'll investigate it maybe it may work far better than my solution.