Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 11-21-2017, 04:45 AM   #1
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out
Default Main Street

Classicrock on the bass & did a fabulous job !!!

BallisticSquid did the lead & it is just magnificent !!!

I supplied the string section, acoustic rhythm, & vocals.

Drums were purchased from Karaoke Version.

WOW, this turned out really nice if I do say so myself ! Thanks guys for collaborating with me-a pleasure as alwasy

https://app.box.com/s/efe6nzvlttxoo7va720pkpv0y7fc72i1
Old 11-21-2017, 05:13 AM   #2
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Great job everybody. It sounds fantastic.....
stratstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Thanks Stratstrummer!

Thank you Aly and Classic Rock for being beyond patient with me...I know I made you wait quite a while for my part. I didn't want to give up on it because the lead on this has so many great things to learn .

After practicing over the original for quite a bit, I was blown away when I sat down with the track Aly and Classic put together. They had done such a great job I felt like I was playing over the original. Just really great stuff from those guys! .

I was so happy to be a part of this...such a great song that I had forgotten about. Thanks for including me!

For those that are curious...I used my Zoom G5 to record this. I used a '59 Marshall sim with some gain, delay, and spring reverb in the chain. The main riff is done on the neck pickup of my LP with BB Pro pickups. For the main solo I switched to my bridge pickup. The outro solo I believe I stayed on the neck pickup.

I found a wonderful lesson on this solo which included tab you can download. It's a wonderfully expressive lead guitar part and definitely worth looking into if this is your thing. It's not technically challenging, but there is some very interesting lines and phrasing.

https://youtu.be/qygcXJLL0bA Expand the comments and there is a link to the tab.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Great cover folks!

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #5
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Well now. This is pleasant. Big Seger fan here. You guys/gal done did good.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #6
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Thanks Stratstrummer!

Thank you Aly and Classic Rock for being beyond patient with me...I know I made you wait quite a while for my part. I didn't want to give up on it because the lead on this has so many great things to learn .

After practicing over the original for quite a bit, I was blown away when I sat down with the track Aly and Classic put together. They had done such a great job I felt like I was playing over the original. Just really great stuff from those guys! .

I was so happy to be a part of this...such a great song that I had forgotten about. Thanks for including me!

For those that are curious...I used my Zoom G5 to record this. I used a '59 Marshall sim with some gain, delay, and spring reverb in the chain. The main riff is done on the neck pickup of my LP with BB Pro pickups. For the main solo I switched to my bridge pickup. The outro solo I believe I stayed on the neck pickup.

I found a wonderful lesson on this solo which included tab you can download. It's a wonderfully expressive lead guitar part and definitely worth looking into if this is your thing. It's not technically challenging, but there is some very interesting lines and phrasing.

https://youtu.be/qygcXJLL0bA Expand the comments and there is a link to the tab.
Well worth the wait Squid! You did an outstanding job, the feel and sound are spot on. Aly this was a great choice for your style and voice. An awesome job by you and Squid both. I really enjoyed playing on this it's a fun bass song. Thank you very much for including me!!!
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #7
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Great job everybody. It sounds fantastic.....
Thank you Stratstrummer, glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Great cover folks!
Thanks Bob !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Well now. This is pleasant. Big Seger fan here. You guys/gal done did good.
Thanks Plank, I am a huge Seger fan too.

This is always amazing to me, take 3 people & a drum track & come up with something that sounds so cool. Without the bass & lead it's not much at all. Thank you Squid & Classicrock for your awesome contributions. I would like to do more of these, anybody else interested in actually playing some music?
Old 11-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #8
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Thanks Classic!! I had so much fun learning this song...another one for the arsenal .

Yes Aly, it is pretty amazing how these projects become something greater than the sum of the parts. It all really came to life once it all came together. It's experiences like this that keep me motivated to play.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

That's really good!
Nice vocals, guitar, all music... the whole thing is great!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
That's really good!
Nice vocals, guitar, all music... the whole thing is great!!!
Thank you, Ron !

You need to get in on one of these. Note for note is not required, that was us being spoiled by Squid