Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Recording & Software

Old 11-12-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Question IOS Recording/Looping ?

Anyone using an Iphone 5s to record with - loop - guitar/vocal FX ?

I know Ipads do it and have one but - - -

I'm getting my iPhone 5s ( screen & home button broke/fell out ) fixed and want to employ using it
for my portable busking set up .

My present set is small but I'm after nano'ing it down as small as I can and still have a killer punch like my
T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X has with it's guitar/vocal FX/recording- looping . I know it's being done too , I'd
appreciate any insight/experiences anyone can comment on .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Hurricane Ramon

Can't believe no one has done or thought of this in this forum - - hmmmmmmmmm ?
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Old 11-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #3
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

The one guy who could probably help you the most does not come on much anymore.

Bigdawgbyes.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #4
Hurricane Ramon

Thumbs up IOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
The one guy who could probably help you the most does not come on much anymore.

Bigdawgbyes.
Hey Cobalt :

It's a big topic in several other forums I'm in , I wondered what was cooking here , but as you just
informed me there was only one person in this forum and he's gone as you just wrote me .

Lots of cool stuff being accomplished . I'm working on the smallest coolest state of the art portable .
I'm about there now .

Before I leave to live in Hawaii I'm planning on a European road trip . I want to travel light and still have
as I said the state of the art sound . I have musician friends I've worked with here in the USA who
I will stay with in a few countries .

EZ :

HR
Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
Hurricane Ramon

Cool IOS/IPad-T.C.Helicon

In the T.C. Helicon Voice Live 1,2,3 & X forum one of the members made this video .

This is one interesting wireless system to control your live performance with automation .
You can have the ability set up you set list performance ahead of time to be able to do really
polished work and have it available to use performing live . You don't need a computer for this .

If you are a multi instrumentalist this is a game changer . It's about making/producing
your work , with complete control over FX changes , preset changes , you can even put down your
instrument and do a personal solo vocal with your own harmonies alone . This with you as the sole
musician with your vision to be realized live or - - - .

With such a set up , you can have your backing original [ < not ripped off sampled from some one else > ]
dynooomite live video streaming on a social media venue world wide .

It's what I'm cooking up with my present system . I have not got On Song but I have everything else .
It's just a matter of time now . If this works as I hope it can lighten my load another piece of gear weight
wise and I'm down with that .

EZ :

HR
Old 11-27-2017, 03:41 AM   #6
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post

Anyone using an Iphone 5s to record with - loop - guitar/vocal FX ?

I know Ipads do it and have one but - - -

I'm getting my iPhone 5s ( screen & home button broke/fell out ) fixed and want to employ using it
for my portable busking set up .

My present set is small but I'm after nano'ing it down as small as I can and still have a killer punch like my
T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X has with it's guitar/vocal FX/recording- looping . I know it's being done too , I'd
appreciate any insight/experiences anyone can comment on .

EZ :

HR
The most used looper/recorder on iOS is probably Loopy. I have included some Loopy vids below. The actual app is "Loopy HD" and is universal so it works on bath iPads and iPhones. Two other (newer) looper are QuantiLoop and Looperverse

I have used Loopy and really like it but have not tried the other two. I use it with MIDI pedals or my Bluetooth air turn pedals, both are easy to setup with Loopy.

There are also all kinds of DAW/recording tools and several Guitar amp sim with built in multitrack recorders. Many have built in looping and many also built in the multi-looping design like Abeltron. Let know if you are more interested in something that.

Loopy Demo

Loopy Tutorial
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Just wanted to add, the most bang for the buck, by far, on iOS for anyone getting started is GarageBand. You can't beat free . Its a simple DAW you can record both audio and MIDI on and includes a bunch of instruments and some really cool playing tools, more than just a keyboard for playing. It also include a bunch of Guitar amp and effect sims. They are not the best in world, but they are usable. You can go a long way with just GarageBand and a simple audio interface.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote